2 12s or 4 10s

Bronze Member
Username: Mittens08

Cleveland, Ohio USA

Post Number: 58
okk so currently i have 2 15inch american bass xo dvc 4 ohm subs running in 1ohm off an american bass sq880....i want to get rid of just loud bass and get some clean hard thumping bass lol i want it to sound good but still get loud instead of just louuud lol..so im thinkin either 2 12s or 4 10s...budget is gonna be around 400 if i do 2 12s ill jus keep my amp...but if i do 4 10s ill prob save around 600 so i can get a big enough amp and box i will build....thank u

Silver Member
Username: Boston_spl

Highland, CA United States

Post Number: 158
I'd go with two Audioque SDC2.515-D4's sealed.

Since u already have enough space for 15's.

They'll not only sound "cleaner", they'll actually "thump" even harder than those American Bass xo's will, since u said that u still want to get loud. They'll fit perfectly into your budget too.

Also, in my opinion, I'd scrap that amp when u get the chance. You can always use it as a doorstop.

Good luck.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13816
i hate to burst your bubble but the sq 900 only puts out 200 rms at 4 ohm bridged so your sq880 will be even less you better upgrade your amp for this ideahttp://www.teptronics.com/sq900.html

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13817
buy 1 alpine type r 12 for 110 shipped and a alpine mrv 500 watt amp and youll be pleased with the output and youll have no problems with your cars electrical....dont go with a true 1200 watt amp in the car you have even though people will try to say its ok but I know what kind of charging system you have so dont do it

Silver Member
Username: Boston_spl

Highland, CA United States

Post Number: 159
^^^x2 Sean.

LoL I didn't check out the car he has at first. I just assumed since he was running 2 500w 15's...

Sorry Carl, looks like 1 TypeR 12" it is.

Still an awesome sub though. And for that price, you really can't beat it.

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13818
Hes not going to be able to support a 1200 watt amp with his charging system......if you dont listen carl your going to learn the hard way

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Columbia, SC USA

Post Number: 12850
You do realize that a speaker's cone area or diameter has nothing to do with how "tight" it sounds. That's a factor of the motor control, or BL curve. If you want tight, deep, well controlled bass, I'd recommend you try a good sub, with a great BL curve (like the alpine type X, RE XXX (first get XBL^2 motor), or Fi Q series subs) and feed it a lot of power.
A single Fi Q 15" or 18" sub in a sealed enclosure with about 1500 watts RMS to drive it would be very fast, tight, detailed, and stidd loud and deep.
I know. I'm using a single sealed Q18 with 1500WRMS in my car, with a DynAudio 3-way front stage @ 250WRMSx2. It's a great SQ system.

Bronze Member
Username: Mittens08

Cleveland, Ohio USA

Post Number: 59
well how much would it cost me to upgrade my electrical..it seems to be fine now im not having ne dimming or nething so idk

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Columbia, SC USA

Post Number: 12859
an alternator is about $200-300. Big 3 will run another $20-50 for wire and ring terminals. That and $5-10 for a new alternator belt.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us