Amp for my dd1515

Silver Member
Username: Jbpitt

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 302
I planned on using a 800wrms pg amp,but ended up selling it. So i need you guys help. Sub is dual 4ohm,budget of around $300. No alpine or kicker. Nothing against either amps, both are great. Just been there done that and wanted to try something different out. Something that i can also buy a matching little 2 or 4 channel amp to run my comps. Any suggestions would be great,thanks

Gold Member
Username: Kyle_lowe

Post Number: 1007
he said 300+ship

http://carstereoforum.net/showthread.php?t=4304

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 7557
would do the power your looking for easily @ 2 ohm.. and allow for upgrade if you want to get another D4 sub

Silver Member

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 304
^ idk,that might be a alittle more than what i need. Its just my work car,so i dont plan uprading my alt and i have absolutetly no room to even add another sub if i wanted to. Anybody else?

Gold Member
Username: Kyle_lowe

Post Number: 1008
nine.1 or aq1200d will do what you need at 2 ohm
also im pretty sure a hifonics bxi1606 (insert whichever year you want) will also
all should be cheaper if you can find one used

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13813
if you had one of the newer phoenix gold amps you would have only gotten about 400 rms out of the 800 watt rated amp

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13814
the audioque 1200.1 would be my choice also

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 7564
between the nine.1 and aq1200.1.. i'd take the nine.1

both are mediocre

and sean there is a gain knob if it is too much .. just allows you room to upgrade more later instead of not being happy and buying another amp all over again

lmk tho.. only one left

Gold Member
Username: Zacdavis

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 1761
I wouldnt give the sub more than 500rms.
Try a DD C2b, they'll deliver enough power for the sub to reach max excursion, they're 2ohm stable mono and under $300, perfect for one 1500 series woofer.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana Team Audible...

Post Number: 7958
I agree w/ Zac. The DD C2b is a great match for a 1500D4.
It is one of the best selling and most versatile amps we have ever stocked here at the shop.

Silver Member

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 306
Sean,realy? I know it wasnt the best of amps,but i was still impressed with it. I have an aq1200d that i had hooked up to 2 d2 type r 10s just to make sure it worked an imo the pg amp sounded better. Idk,maybe thats just me. Anyway, ive thought about the nine.1,but i was also looking at jbl an infinity. Anybody know anything about them?

Silver Member

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 307
So you realy dont think it will handle more than 500wrms? Just curious because ive heard different

Gold Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 1762
Take it from me and Canaan, both DD dealers, don't give much more than the 500. Honestly?, your best bet would be to go with the C2b, imo.
Follow this link to find a dealer closest to you...
http://www.ddaudio.com/storelocator/zipcode.php

Silver Member

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 308
And where the hell can i buy dd online? or is it company direct?

Gold Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 1763
did you not click the link?

Silver Member

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 309
Ok im confused now. Is this the amp? http://www.ddaudio.com/amp/09/amp09C2b.htm So this is a 2 channel class ab amp? Dont see any specs for 2 ohms?

Silver Member

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 310
Yea i did,we just posted at the same time. Closest dealer is like 230miles away!

Gold Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 1764
Ok, no worries. You can call them direct and they'll ship it to you.
Heres a link to the C2b amp, and yes it is stable at 2 ohm mono.

http://www.ddaudio.com/amp/09/

Silver Member

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 311
Ok thanks man. Another question, is there a big difference in the jump from the 1500s to the 2500s? Im able to run around 800wrms on my stock alt without problems so maybe an upgrade to a 2515 would be better?

Gold Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 1765
In all honesty, and others may disagree, but I feel the 2500 isnt that much of an upgrade from the 1500, certainly not for the cost. IMO, if the 1500 isnt enough, I'd skip straight to the 3500 series.

Silver Member

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 312
Ok thanks,thats what i needed to know. Now how would a 3515 do on around 800wrms?

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana Team Audible...

Post Number: 7959
If you are stuck on running 800wrms, yes the 1500 can take it. BUT you must keep the signal clean...headroom is a nice thing, but in the wrong hands its death connected to a volume knob.

We have Cory's 6 DD1512's on a pair of M3's strapped, but he only plays them full throttle for quick demo and keeps an eye on the clip light....153dB+ is talking a toll on his dodge ram. Hell, I have a customer right now running 3 DD1512's on 2 M1a's strapped @ 2.66ohm (about the same power you are looking to run per sub)...but I put the fear of god in him about that clip light, lol.

I see alot of people online running DD1500's on 600-1200w, sometimes more...but they always seem to get mad at everyone other than themselves when the 2" coil goes up in smoke. Some of the guys running 800-1200w on the DD1508's crack me up alot of times, they complain about them bottoming out or popping...uh, yea...8" cone on a motor they also use for a 15"? And they are running 2-3x ratted power? Should be able to put 2 and 2 together there.

I really like selling the DD1500's (or pairs of DD500's) w/ the C2b @ 2ohm, easily 500-600wrms of clean A/B power, they do great on that power. They are nice efficient little subs. But if you know how to control the volume knob, yea...800w can be done, but remember...its only a 2" coil. DD1500s have good cooling, but once you give it a clipped signal for long durations, death is inevitable w/ any sub.

If you are looking for matching amps for your sub and highs...the DD C2b and C4b (65x4) or C5b (120x4) would be a nice choice.

Silver Member

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 313
Ok, i got you.Thanks for the input! Im not stuck on running 800w,thats just about my limit in this car. I might as well use it right? but Im getting a head of myself here. Whenever i get everthing installed,if i dont like the way it sounds I'll go from there. I just wanted to get an idea of what im dealing with. Thanks for the help canaan,zac. Much appreciated
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us