OT: new headunit prob.

Bronze Member
Username: Mittens08

Cleveland, Ohio USA

Post Number: 53
ok so i got a new headunit today its a jensen vm9312...i have all the wires hooked up correctly but i cant get the unit to turn on...and does the parking brake wire need to be grounded at all? thanks

Bronze Member

Cleveland, Ohio USA

Post Number: 54
bump?

Bronze Member

Cleveland, Ohio USA

Post Number: 55
nebody? im prob jus gonna have to take to local car audio shop and have them look at it idk what it is i tried everything

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11036
I will warn you that jensen is very poor quality stuff and to stay away from them in the future.

As far as your problem, have you checked each wire at the HU connector with a meter and verify that there is power where it should be?

Gold Member
Username: Wolf_hound

Phoenix, AZ

Post Number: 1169
Did you use a wiring harness or did you hard wire it? is this your first time installing a head unit? go to www.the12volt.com and look up your vehicles make and model and it will give you a wiring diagram for your car.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Columbia, SC USA

Post Number: 12807
>everything is wired correctly
>I didn't know what to do with the parking brake wire

hmmm this worries me.
you didn't just "color match" the Jensen to your factory wiring did you?
did you use harness plugs to wire this up? If this unit has a display screen (DVD type) then that parking brake wire will disable the car stereo unless the brake is applied. It's to prevent you from watching a movie and driving at the same time.

Bronze Member

Cleveland, Ohio USA

Post Number: 57
its all installed i took to my local car audio shop and had it doe...i have installed many headunits but idk what i was doing wrong lol but its okk saved me time and money they installed for free since i know them

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Columbia, SC USA

Post Number: 12826
cool!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us