Box ideas

Bronze Member
Username: Sleste8

Shelbyville, MI United States

Post Number: 76
please help me out here. i need to build a box for an L5 15. space isn't an issue, and it needs to be ported.

i was thinking aero ports, so it'll be easy to change the tuning frequency to be able to play actual music.

any ideas or input would be greatly appreciated.

thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

MW2 Addict

Post Number: 3094
so you have plans to change your tuning at times? for what purpose? the only reason you should need to do that is for competition. only other reason is if you are trying to figure out for example how 30hz vs 40hz differs in sound with your sub. you would have to have a well trained ear to notice a difference between a few hz in tuning...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 77
ok, well what tuning frequency would you go with than?

and i still figure aero ports are the way to go because there just so much easier than trying to make a slot port.

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 455
I'd say 35 Hz.

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

MW2 Addict

Post Number: 3095
slot port may not be as hard as you think. all you need are box dimensions, and net volume. there's plenty of smart folks on here that can tell you exactly what dimensions you need after that. slot ported enclosures are also more structurally rigid, but its your box and your call. 35hz seems like a good number. i would use anywhere from there to 38hz.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 78
ok, thanks for the input guys.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us