Fuse size?

Username: Ghostman23

Post Number: 2
hello again i was wondering if i could run my remote wire to a fuse in the fuse box in the back of my car. like a fuse that goes on and off with the car. my friend told me he's done it and what size fuse if i can?

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Columbia, SC USA

Post Number: 12746
you can do this, although it can introduce noise into the system by doing so.
you'll want a 1A fast blow fuse.

Post Number: 3
so just a fuse in the box thats a 1amp? my friend 5-10 but hey im not gonna argue with glasswolf haha

Platinum Member

Columbia, SC USA

Post Number: 12754
well, the remote trigger circuit on most head units only puts out about 500mA if that. 1A fuse should be more than sufficient to protect your remote lead, and really the fuse is just there to protect from a dead short, like the wire coming loose and touching the chassis. a 1A will work just fine for that.

If you want to trigger multiple devices (more than say, 2) go to using a Bosch relay to trigger all of them, as you'll need to supply more current for multiple devices in parallel.

Gold Member
Username: Splmonster

Akron, OH USA

Post Number: 1580
what he said^ haha

Post Number: 4
no im saying instead of running it to the headunit just running the remote wire to the fuse box in the back of my car to turn the amp on and off so i dont have to run it the headunit because the wire i have isnt long enough... like just wrapping it around a fuse in the fusebox that turns on and off with the car.

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11027
Don't do something ghetto like that. Remote turn on wire can be very small gauge and therefore cheap. Go to radioshack, pepboys, or some other store and get a roll of 24 or 26 gauge wire for a few bucks.

And yes it is a good idea to put a fuse in the wire near the HU, or whatever source you connect to. I use 1/2 amp fuse, 1A would be ok though.

Platinum Member

Columbia, SC USA

Post Number: 12757
get a set of RCA lines that have the third wire for remote trigger alrady joined with them.
then just run the RCAs and connect the remote trigger.
that or buy some cheap 18 or 22 gauge wire and run it for the remote trigger to the ehad unit.
don't use the fuse box in back unless you have no other choice. Like I said, it can introduce noise.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us