Db electrical h/o alternators any good?

Silver Member
Username: Wackzirth88

K-town, Il U.S.

Post Number: 328
looking to upgrade my alt. found db electrical. just wondering if there any good? anyone have any experiance with them?

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11025
Very good quality. They are the brand I recommend most, never had a single one fail.

Silver Member

K-town, Il U.S.

Post Number: 332
A guy from a diff forum said good h/o alt will run 400-500 and cheaper ones don't usually last long. I assume uve used them, do they hold up well?

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Columbia, SC USA

Post Number: 12755
alternators used to be very expensive. prices have come down quite a bit over the last ten years. Some still cost a lot, like Stinger, Wrangler, Ohio Gnerator.. but a lot of those are for show cars, too. If you just want it to function and don't care about the "pretty factor" then you should be fine.

Just be wary of the $150 specials on eBay. Most of those are just a cheap rewind job.

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11026
Yea, watch out for those "rebuilt" ones... crap. Same kinda thing you'd get at one of those local shops that are all over that claim to make a stock alt do 200 amps for a cheap price.

I've installed quite a few DB alts. As i said not a single failure years later. High rpm output seems good, idle output is about stock, but high idle output is hard to do on a lot of vehicles as you would usually need a physically larger case alt.

Gold Member
Username: Mendonmafia

USA

Post Number: 2018
my rebuilt alt from mcr is definitely more powerful than stock but i cant grantee it does the rated 200 amps and 130 at idle. only cost me $300 shipped with a lifetime warranty.

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2994
I haven't had a single problem with my DBe alternator. I'd buy again.

Silver Member

K-town, Il U.S.

Post Number: 333
Thanks for the input guys, I'm gonna to give one a try. They got a 200a and 220a amp for my car and it's a only 40 dollars difference so 220a it is.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us