03-04 kicker L5 15

Bronze Member
Username: Sleste8

Shelbyville, MI United States

Post Number: 67
i know every one here HATES square kicker subs, but i just came across a 03-04 L5 15. im guessing 03-04 because its the older all black style.

it was in the original sealed kicker box and i got the guy down to $100. lets just say i couldn't resist.

man is this thing way louder than i expected for a small sealed enclosure. its a 4ohm DVC, i wired it to 2ohms and threw 1500watts rms to it.

of course there's no SQ at all, but who rlly needs that anyways, lol

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 450
Put that sub in a ported enclosure and it'll really shine.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 71
i really think i wana just port this original box. but seems how its so small, i think aero ports would be the only way.

let me know what you would do.
thanks.

P.S.-i had 3 4X8 sheets of 3/4" mdf i was saving for a rainy day. but as ironic as it is, they all just recently got water logged, lol
what a shame. and a waist of about $68...

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11023
You can't just "port" a sealed box... it will be the wrong airspace for ported...

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Columbia, SC USA

Post Number: 12740
ported specs for a box are larger than for sealed. you, as said above, cannot just port a box built to be sealed.
it won't sound good.

just buy some drywall screws and/or glue, a sheet of MDF, and build a new box.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 75
ok, than give me some specs on an ideal box for this sub. speaker displacement, port displacement, and OD of the box. should it be slot ported or aero ported? what t/f should it be?

just throw me some ideas, because no matter what i do they always turn out like shi*.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Columbia, SC USA

Post Number: 12758
check the website of the company who made the sub. I'm sure they have box designs. Otherwise, get the TS specs from the website, and use one of the hundreds of calculators online for figuring out box specs.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us