FI Q 15 or FI BL 12?

Silver Member
Username: Deanerjr

Post Number: 246
Well Bassman and i were discussing the enclosure for the FI BL 15 sub i was about to buy, then i mocked up the enclosure's max size in my trunk, and guess what, no way in hell i can get 3-5 cubic feet with a port unless i get rid of my spare and the casing for it on the chassis, which happens to be a few inches thick and removable O_o.
But considering the dimensions i can either get the FI Q 15 or FI BL 12. Ill be using the Rockford Fosgate T1000-1bd. Which is rated at 1000 RMS, but has birthsheets of 1000-1400 RMS, etc..Idk how mine will be.
Either way, my question is which will be better for SPL on that amount of power?

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 2188
You may meter a tad better with the BL, but I'd take the sealed Q, just because it would probably sound better and be pretty loud.

Gold Member
Username: Mendonmafia

USA

Post Number: 2016
why not get a q 12 ported?

Silver Member

Post Number: 247
well i can, i was just trying to choose between those two (: lol

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

MW2 Addict

Post Number: 3091
you'll be satisfied either way, for sure. i had an 18" Q and loved it. i'd choose the BL to see what it can do.

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11017
Sealed I would use the Q, ported the BL.

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 449
Depends also if you want louder or lower. The Q's box should be at a lower Hz than the BL.

Silver Member

Post Number: 248
thanks guys, and M.S. i will be going with the ported, so ill go with the FI BL 12, im about to draw up some dimensions and any possible design i may want, then email bassman again, gotta get this right(: lol.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us