Fi Q or...

Bronze Member
Username: Souleraser

Post Number: 24
I'm getting a Fi Q12 when the new ones come out March 31. I was just wondering though...

Would a Fi Q12 sound just as good as a JL 12W7 in the right box?

I hate not being able to hear both subs before making a purchase as I dont have any personal experience with either.

Also, how does my current sub -- 500w RF P3 compare to those mentioned above if all subs were in ported box( each to their optimum specs) and powered at their RMS rating?

Im a novice on audio

Gold Member
Username: Deadrabit

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 2341
i would waste ur time with the P3s. they are not for sound quality like the Q and the W7.
i think the W7 might sound a little better if any at all. but for the money the Q is the way to go

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Columbia, SC USA

Post Number: 12730
my only issue with the W7 is it's goofy coil impedance.
it's an attempt by JL to get you to use their slash series amplifiers to get the proper power to the sub.

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 446
w7 > Q but the price difference is significant. What amp do you plan on using? As GW mentioned, if you run the w7 you'll have to power it at a 3 ohm load.

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11016
The Q is a great SQ sub with good output that will be good enough for 95% of people who consider it

Bronze Member
Username: Souleraser

Post Number: 25
Thanks for your replies.

The amp will be a Hifonics Brutus BRZ1700.1D. The sub will be 1ohm dvc wired in parallel for a 2 ohm load, so the amp should give it around 1200 watts of clean power since its rated at 1200 wrms @ 2ohms.

Bassman3 is fixing me up a ported box it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us