HiFonics Subwoofers

Username: Jnick

Post Number: 8
Will 2 12" HiFonics HFi12D4 subwoofers give me big bass? i would have them in either dual ported or 2 single ported boxes. i want my car to vibrate and i want to be heard from at least a few blocks. i would install them in the trunk of my 2000 pontiac bonneville. Also if these will provide me with what im looking for ill take amp sugesstions as well as far as wattage goes. these fit into my budget because for around $70 i can pick up 2 of them so. Thanks!

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 442
If 2 subs are running your $70, they're not going to be heard from a few blocks away. If you want loud bass, in that size trunk I'm assuming you could probaly fit some 15's. You could look into AQ subs or Fi and get good performing woofers that'll give you your SPL for a good price. Next is going to be a ported enclosure built for the decided woofers and built with SPL in mind. A box that is built strong and will not flex. Third is going to be your amp, what size is going to be limited to your car's electrical. I'd say an AQ1200D would do ok on stock in that car, with the big 3 upgrade. 1200 rms should get plenty loud enough for you. If not and you want to invest some money into your electrical an AQ2200D definately will do the trick. How much power you end up running will help determine the exact woofers to look into.

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 443
Another good choice in woofers for the price is Alpine type Rs. Rovin posted a link about crutchfield having a good sell on them. My friend recently got 2 in his 99 civic with a ported enclosure and he has some pretty good roof flex and theyre only seeing maybe 800 rms. To me however, they're loud, but not very deep. That however may be related to a pre-fab box, which is why having one built to your specs is ideal.

Post Number: 9
well that price isnt retail tho so idk what they actually run. but ive heard some good thigns about hifonics subs and how since there cheap there always overlooked and deff underated so idk thats why im asking you guys cause i have no idea and you guys seem to always know what your talking about so. how hard would they hit if you can answer that? id be using a ported box.

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11019
The number one rule of audio is you GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.

So now use that rule, and I shouldn't even have to tell you that hifonics subs suck.

Bronze Member
Username: Sleste8

Shelbyville, MI United States

Post Number: 68
lol, agreed M.S.

but.....u never no till u try em i guess

Username: Fernyb05

Laredo, TX US

Post Number: 1
i got two of those for 30bucks so i couldnt pass them up and plan to sell them, ill tell u that look like they can take a beating from the front but from they back they dont look anywhere as good as the zeus or brutus subs do. the hifi subs have real small push terminals, almost 16 or 18 gauge sized. i got a deal for 4 brutus 12s for 200 and 4 10s for 100 so i bought them as well as the zeus subs. i have not heard the zeus so no help there but the brutus are real nice and can take a pounding. i have 2 12s with a 1200rms brutus amp wired at 1ohm but it doesnt seem to hit as great as my friend with the same setup, idk why, and my other friend has the 4 10s with a 2600rms brutus amp, he didnt even give them a break in period but he first had it wired with 2 subs doing 500rms a piece with a 1200rms brutus amp and his 10s hit better than mine so maybe im doing something wrong even tho both of them are using cheap so called 0 and 4 gauge and im using some scosche cable that has more copper than both of thiers so someone help me with that, i got all + wired together in the box to the amp and all - wired together so that should be 1ohm. my subs are 4ohm versions and was told by Maxxsonics to wire them at 1ohm to achieve the 600rms a piece to the subs so help me someone.

anyways right not u can get a brutus sub at 69bucks with free shipping on sonicelectronix.com so get one or two, they are way better than the hifis

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 152.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 16157
have heard a few brutus subs & they sound ok - not good for sq but more street bass oriented , still isnt what id buy when there are so many other better brnads out there now ......

Username: Fernyb05

Laredo, TX US

Post Number: 2
honestly to me in the price range and wattage, they sound better than the cvr's, premier champ series, and others but rovin is right, altought the newer models have better sq than the older, light up, models they are more street bass oriented. i prefer the 09brutus over others because they were designed alot better and are stitched around the cone. i sold some squared versions on a 1600rms brutus amp and they are deff better than the rounds and sounded better than 2 L7s altought that one was on a 1200rms brutus amp.

Gold Member
Username: Zacdavis

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 1759
The HFi's outperform Kicker Comp series. They're comparable to the JL W0 series.
I've been highly impressed by these woofers. They're super cheap, give them a true 300rms each and they'll perform pretty well. I've installed literally hundreds of the HFi's over the past 2 years and to be honest I dont think theres anything on the market that gives you more bang for your buck.
We sell a lot of these subs in a 4 12 box with a 1200rms watt amp to push them for $399. Heck, we sell 2 12 HFiD4's loaded in a 2-12 MDF 3/4" carpeted box for only $99, what else can you buy at that price that outperforms a pair of 12" Kicker Comps loaded? They're the cheapest thing we sell but man do people love'em.

Yes, they're cheap, but I guarantee you, 4 of these 12's will be heard from blocks and blocks away.

Extremely efficient little woofers, I highly recommend buying a pair for your car.

Silver Member
Username: Wackzirth88

K-town, Il U.S.

Post Number: 351
imo id go with a single type r for 110 over them. efficient, loud, low, can take one hell of beating, and on top of all that extremely great priced for there capabilities

Gold Member
Username: Zacdavis

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 1760
I like the Type R, however the 2 12" Hifonics would be louder.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
So you guys think that 2 hifonics suns 12" would out perform 2 12" kicker comps wired to a direct 800 watt amp? Lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us