JL Audio 12w6 subwoofers

Jordan
whats up I just got 2 JL12w6's in seperate sealed boxes for 100 bucks each including the boxes and it says that these subs can only hold 300 watts a piece but all my buddies tell me that JL's can hold alot more than they say I wanna know what yall think.I also wanna know what amp would be good for these I heard the boss Pd 4000 is a great amp and its 2000watts x 2 @0.5 ohms Please Help me

Jordan
one more thin I have a custom made box that is ported and it can hold both JL's should I put them in that box or leave them in the sealed ones?

Anonymous
the JL's are a good sub but Im not that sure about them as far as power handling goes

Jordan
Is Anyone familiar with these SUBS?

tony
wit a ported box you dont have to put that much wattage into tha subs because tha sub hits more freely

compare it push in your sub in a sealed box and push in wen its in a ported box

it is easier to push in wit a ported box so it shall make more bass but it wont hit as hard as tha sealed

motoman22
Jordan, if the 'custom made boxbox' is ported, it must be tuned to match your subs exactly. If the box was not designed for the exact W6 versions you own, you're much better off with the sealed boxes.

The 12W6 has a continuous power handling of 300watts. Putting a 2000-watt 'dirty' amp on it is probably a very unwise idea.

Because your subs have dual 6-ohm voice coils you will have an odd total mono load on your amp. Dual 6-ohm VC's wired up to a mono amp can result in a plethora of resistance ratings but you'll probably have either a 6-ohm or 1.5-ohm mono load when you factor in both subs and all four voice coils.

Check this one out, run it at 1.5-ohms mono:

http://www.audio-warehouse.com/web/mdl/XS50/detail.asp

Jordan
Actually what I did this week was sell my 12 W6's and I got 2 12 W3's.There not as powerful as far as watts Rms goes but they are dual 4 ohm voice coils and if I wire them in series(both of them together)that will make a 4 ohm load so now what Im looking for is an amp that is bridgable and that puts out at least 800X1 Rms Bridged @ 4 ohms well if anyone can make a suggestion it would be greatly appreciated and I thank you for ur comments

motoman22
Jordan, two dual 4-ohm voice coil subs can also be wired to be a single 1-ohm mono load...parallel/parallel.

The amp I posted in the link above is only 150 watts at 4-ohm but a whopping 600 watts at 1-ohm.

Still a darn good buy for Kicker quality.....

Jordan the best thing to do is get a custom fitted box and tell the maker to have it air tight. Because I have 4 JL audio 10w7's and 2 earthquake comp amps all custom fitted in my Navigator and i am hitting a average of 210 on the decibles. plus air tight boxes perserve the quality of ur speaker. i had two 18 inch 2003 edition audio bahns and i straight blew them up. oh yea Jordan if u want a true amp get a earthquake comp. it pumps out a max of 5000 watts.

Jordan
Hmmmm well both of those amps the earthquake comp and Kicker Ive heard alot of good things about but Earthquakes might be too expensive for me I think Im gonna go with the Kicker unless u can tell me a place to get Earthquake amps for cheaper.Im lookin to spend no more than 600 on the amp.

well i can look around but i paid full price for mine 1,579.95 each but u can get a cheap comp for like 600 or 500

Anonymous
hey navigator your a idiot the loudest a car audio system has ever hit is around 174 db and in your posting above u say that u have 4 10w7's with 2 earthquake comp amps rated at 5000 watts it sounds like u are over about 7000 watts. the 10w7 only handels 500 watts rms

dd
LOL, you're right. I read the @#$# and I smell a liar. Anyway jordan, if you want a good amp go for kicker zr1000. It around 400 on ebay, and I guarantee that it will give you a good sound. Too bad you change the w6 for w3.

sure thats if u dont have ur caps n shyt but if yall rilly wunt to hook a system up go to school for like i did o wait srry yalls cheapass wont thats why yalls shyt sounds just like it shyt.

lmao
260 db, ahahhaha a lame joke. I ur typing seem to me like you dont go to school at all.

Jordan
Well I thank you all for ur opinions I found an amp at the whole sale matrix kicker 800 watts by 1 amp in bridged mode just cant wait till it gets here so I can hook up my subs and get some bump in my trunk lol.If anyone is lookin for cheap car audio go to the wholesalematrx I guarantee there cheaper than almost anywhere.By the way 21o db that does sound pretty high Mr. Navigator but hey anythings possible.

Jordan
I know I already purchased the Kicker amp but just for fun which amp do u guys think is better? The Rockford Power 851s or The Kicker 800.2 Both are about the same watts kicker is 800x1 bridged and the RF is 850x1 bridged but I made my decision to get the kicker amp cuz its fan cooled and the RF isnt.Any opinions would be appreciated.

Anonymous
well the kicker is way underated. it can hit up to 1000 rms and rockford wont stand a chance.

Yeah the kicker is sweet i have a 600.4 and its rated at 708 watts..plus 210 decibals lol lol
he is an idiot loudest ever 178 learn you facts retard peace :)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us