Device name!?!

Silver Member
Username: Jemone

Tucker, Georgia United States

Post Number: 333
What is the name of the device that you wire between your battery and amplifiers that will present them with a constant 14 volts, even if the voltage is lower? It is not a capacitor.

Silver Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 329
a 1000 amp DC generator?

Silver Member

Post Number: 334
I do not think that is it. The device was produced by a car amplifier manufacturer at one point, and was, i believe, purple in color. You would wire the device like an amplifier, and even if your car experienced a voltage drop down to 10 volts, the device would send 14 volts to your amplifiers.

Silver Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 331
just sounds like one of thoes batt / cap combo thingies.

Silver Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 332
something like this ? http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_13507_Power+Acoustik+CAPCELL-600.html

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Columbia, SC USA

Post Number: 12679
it's a voltage regulator or line conditioner, but I haven't seen any for 12VDC use in a car.

It still won't replace the need for an adequate alternator though, as it can't create energy. It can only convery current to voltage (provided there is enough current available to do so) or store energy in the form of a battery. Either way this is a needless gesture since you can do the same thing by just using an amplifier with a tightly regulated DC MOSFET switching power supply.

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2985
"Either way this is a needless gesture since you can do the same thing by just using an amplifier with a tightly regulated DC MOSFET switching power supply."

are you saying an amp with a regulated power supply (like a jl 1000/1)? or just an amplifier with a good/quality mosfet power supply?

Silver Member
Username: Mmaudioconcepts

KY USA

Post Number: 701
i think it was called the blade

Platinum Member

Columbia, SC USA

Post Number: 12684
a tightly regulated power supply will draw more current to correct sagging voltage rails (if possible) and suppress the voltage f it's above spec, yes. That's what a regulated power supply does. The JL slash amplifiers have a regulated output as well, however, so they put the same power into any load between 1.5 and 4 ohms.

http://www.glasswolf.net/papers/amplifiers.html

see the bit about power supplies.

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

MW2 Addict

Post Number: 3085
sounds kind of like a transformer...

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Team Revolution

Post Number: 4288
flux capacitor

Silver Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 334
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Silver Member

Post Number: 335
Thanks for all the answers guys. Leave it to GlassWolf to knock it out of the park again. My mind was stumped as to what it was. Oh...and by the way my current setup will kick all of your @ssses. I have a Olm2415 a bxi2008 and an unsound dampened trunk rattling so you know it is ghetto hittin'! Fear my bass Ha Ha Ha..LOL kidding.

Platinum Member

Columbia, SC USA

Post Number: 12691
I have an AM radio with one dash speaker, and a kazoo. I'm wicked good with a kazoo.. you best come correct
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us