Custom Door Panels In My GMC Sonoma.

Silver Member
Username: Domenico

BanginGMCArizona

Post Number: 812
I need helping figuring out how to go about getting 6.5s in the doors of my 86 GMC Sonoma. As some of you might know that S Series trucks (S15s and S10s) around that year didn't come with door speakers from the factory, only dash and back panels. I never fiberglassed before so if possible i would like to stay away from that.. but if i must i will take on the challenge, if i could get away with just putting a sheet of MDF on the door and cut holes for my 6.5s that would be great.. but i don't think there is enough space between the door and where the MDF would sit because there was no speaker in before hand so GMC didn't give it the room for speakers so somehow i have to make the MDF come out a la few inches, i don't know how to do so.. this is why i come to you guys, so you can throw out some ideas for me. I am going to be using Type R 6.5 component set, in the near future (summer) i will be doing 4 sets in the doors but for now only one set. I will probably get a PDX amp to power them. (would like to put the tweets in the doors as well.)

Silver Member
Username: Domenico

BanginGMCArizona

Post Number: 813
http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/Custom-door-panels-GMC-Sonoma-t37118.ht ml

For pictures, click the link.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us