MTX9500 VS JL W7

PIG PEN
BOTH LOOK GREAT.WHICH IS THE BETTER SUB.

e
W7

Anonymous
w7 again. but i heard the mtx is no pushover

Anonymous
untill you hear both subs with the same power and in the same car dont go saying one is better. You are some biaches.

I have 4 JL audio 10w7's and 2 earthquake comp amps all custom fitted in my Navigator and i am hitting a average of 210 on the decibles. Now tell me u think sum piece of shyt MTX9500 is better i would blow them in mintues on my system i wouldnt even bother with that shyt. and wut would make u even ask, not being mean, sum bull shyt like that.

Anonymous
I heard the w7 before but not the mtx so i cant say much but w7 is really strong and if you hook it right it will give you an awesome sound quality. And finally shut up navigator.

T
Lol navigetor guy ur a moron ur w7 suck mtx 9512 are awsome I have one wooked up to 81000D and it blows away any w7 or anything else for that matter. Go to the MTX website they will break it down how the 9500 is better then the W7 http://www.mtx.com/caraudio/headtohead/w7.cfm

yall must think yall rilly kno wut yall are rilly talking bout, but unfortunaly yall dont. I didnt go to audio school for 3 years to have sum little punks like yall tell me wut is better and to inform yall even more i kno for a fact, from my work at sound of tri state that the mtx9500 can not even come close to the w7.
www.soundoftristate.com

T dont even try shyttin on sumones system when u cant even figure out wut to get dumbass

da 808 state
I got 2 10w7 in a costom box in my 2003 S-Dime.
with 2 500 watts JL Audio to push the sub. with the Alpine iva-d900. sO I should know how a w7 sounds like, and it would spank the mtx9500 any day.

T
Hey Navigator your a moron the world record for systems is in the whit 170's just the fact that you said you hit 210 tells everyone not just me but everyone that you are a moron and have no idea what you are talking about. And also the fact that you went to audio school for 3 years makes you even more of a moron and also the fact that you type in "yall" tells me that your not only a moron but you are partially retarded. Its ok buddy your special but there is no way your sh*tty W7 hit 210 lol. MTX is cheaper loader and clearer. Go with an MTX.

T...we have had this conversation before...you have told me that the only reason you talk crap about the w7 is because you own the 9512, aka, this is a biased opinion. you only pay attention to the positive attributes of your own equipment and dont take into account the factors of the w7. just because the mtx website says its product is better than the JL doesnt mean it actually is.

yes, there is no way this guy hit 210, hes just trying to piss people off so ignore him.

each of these subs has its advantages, and if i had that kind of money i wouldnt buy either of them, but just calm down a little there eh T? ;) hehe

l8r
-Derek

navigator sittin on blocks
To navidumbass,

Iz gotts to telz youz dat myz 1" tweeter recentlyz hitza 210.999 which meanz myz iz da best. oh and by the way i've seen all of the original star wars episodes, so i guess that makes me a jedi. Get real 210 with 4 woofers, mabye 400 woofers with 40,000 watts! remember if you wan't to increase your spl you have to effectively double your power to see a 3db increase in output, as long as your woofers can take it.
20 woofers with 500 watts 170 db
20 woofers with 1000 watts 173 db
20 woofers with 2000 watts 176 db
20 woofers with 4000 watts 179 db
should have taught you that during your three year stay in tri-state. L8r

motoman22
"i am hitting a average of 210 on the decibles"

Um, just so you know how ridiculous this is, here's some scientific facts (and I encourage you to research to verify):

Gunshot (one meter away): 120 db
Threshold of pain: 130 db
SPL 30m from jet aircraft: 140 db
NSPL World Record: 170.1 db
USAC Outlaw Extreme record: 173.2 db
USAC Legal SPL World Record: 173.7 db

Physical facts:
A sound 20 dB more than another, has a sound intensity 100 times as much and contains 100 times the energy.

A sound which is 3 dB more than another contains twice the energy

So, in other words, your 210db truck is almost 200 times louder than the loudest vehicle in the world.

Sorry bud, you might as well claim to be God.

dd
yup,doubling in power=3db gain

BUT HE SAID THEY ARE CUSTOM FITTED!!! DOESNT THAT ADD 100 db??????????????????????????????????

dd
oh ya, thats why hes so high on the db's:)

Anonymous
i would think the mtx has the edge. although both hit hard as heck, i prefer mtx.

Hydro
Mtx doesnt even compare to JL's W7 series subs,I have Heard both the 12W7 and the Mtx 9512 subs and both were powered with a JL1000/1 amp.I had the volume up to 25 on the JL and it was better(clearer and louder) than the 9512 on 35 no bullshit.

T
u should try the mtx with and mtx amp. Derek I know we had this talk but Iam always checking this at like 1 or 2 at night cause I have nothing better to do and I dont want to go to sleep so I just get on this and try to comment on what ever I think is interesting

Hydro
Hey just thought I'd let anyone lookin for subs know that the Cerwin Vega 15" IT sub is only 73.95 plus $2.95 shipping at http://www.overstock.com this sub can handle 400 watts and 800 peak(Sensitivity: 95 dB (2.8V/1m) and the List Price on it is 209.95
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us