How much DBs do u think 2 10" Audiopipe can do ? ...

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 152.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 16089
take a look at what a bud of mine is doing , well actually its his younger bro ...

http://forums.trinituner.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=4341686#4341686

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Columbia, SC USA

Post Number: 12548
you know that's a hard thing to answer. it depends on the vehicle, the enclosure gain, and poer put to the subs, as well as things like how well the vehicle is sound treated and so on.

I've seen two tens hit over 150dB though, in an SPL vehicle.

Gold Member
Username: Ducka

Shelby Twp., MI United States

Post Number: 1381
I think Nick V might be doing around 150 with 2 10s.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana Team Audible...

Post Number: 7935
Nice # on some cheap 10's.
I love playing around w/ small sub setups.

NickV's Alero does 150.9 w/ 2 DD2510 on ~3.5kw. (peaked 57hz)
We have done 145's w/ 2 DD1508's in a Versa on an M1a at 2ohm (~700w)
I did 145's w/ 1 DD2510 on an IA20.1 in my Avalanche. (peaked 47hz)

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16092
^^^some really good scores there man

GlassWolf - well it was sort of a trick question lol...

the way i worded the thread was to catch ppl's curiosity so that they wud open that link & look at the score from this non-ranking brand

i often see on here that ppl just see the AP name & their automatic general response is "audiopipe is crap" ...not the best sounding subs or anything spectacular but when used for spl they can stand proud

older brother of this guy had a pair of 15" audiopipe TXX (the blue or red cone model) rated 1000wrms 2000w max & he used to do low 50s off 2 1500d sundown amps strapped together

goes on show its install , install , install ...

Platinum Member

Columbia, SC USA

Post Number: 12565
I've seen award winning SPL cars in lower classes using Sony Xplod subs, and I've seen SQ award winning cars using Kicker L7s (*shudder*) in an aperiodic enclosure.. so I've seen some unlikely candidates do quite well. That just proves how much of this is in the install and design layout, versus the actual equipment.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5656
Scott Owens did a 177.5 with two Pioneer 12's.

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Giggidy, GA USA

Post Number: 2694
Virgil does mid 160's with 2 8's ;) I don't give a sh!t about burp cars myself though. I am all about daily and loud, or daily and clean.

Platinum Member

Columbia, SC USA

Post Number: 12576
yeah I'm not really into SPL events, either. I like music. If all I wanted was volume, like I said, I'd just buy an air hammer.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13742
good score with those audiopipes

Bronze Member
Username: Cwruck

Post Number: 83
i cant imagine sitting in a vehicle doing 177 dbs! thats crazy. i did 143 with a dd 3512 on a jbl gto14001. i dont think i was getting full power, that amp drew too many amps

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5661
^^^^ You couldn't. 160dB causes instant perforation of the eardrums. 180dB causes permanent death of hearing tissue.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16096
I have never sat in my wagon during any burps not even for 13.9.8 testing of 2 RE SE in a sealed box , those sine waves are harsh on ur ears & im scared to try it but maybe 1 day i will try a little bit like a 140 with some ear protection just to get a idea of what it feels like to my body ...

Platinum Member

Columbia, SC USA

Post Number: 12593
I was in a factory demo van once that was recorded to do 158dB. I was in there when they played Dark side of the moon, and the heartbeat at the beginning of the CD was so loud with the wall of 12" subs in back, tht I felt nauseated. That was enough for me. heh

Even in my old Festiva that was over 140dB with two 12" subs, I never went to full volume in the car. I never thought to myself, man, this car isn't loud enough.

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTION, La. Lake Charles...

Post Number: 4342
lol Glasswolf.. Every car I've sat in I always think It's not loud enuff lol

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5662
Glass, I am guessing that was the old RF van with eight 15's? I say that because of the 158dB figure and the fact that they were one of the only factory teams that played actual music.

Either way, I remember sitting in that van (a LONG time ago) and seeing the windshield wipers jump about three inches.

And Mark... that's because you are partly deaf from capping bail jumpers so many times lol.

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Team Revolution

Post Number: 4284
2 10s can do 158s on music. :-) haha granite its 63hz straight throughout the song. but it has been done.

Platinum Member

Columbia, SC USA

Post Number: 12617
yeah, this was @ 20Hz. It may have been the RF van. It was theirs or Orion's. I forget after this long. It was back around 1991 or 92, so it was quite a while ago. Long before we had the speaker technology we have now. I also recall it ran off of AC power with a cord going into the shop about as big around as my wrist. haha

Bronze Member
Username: Slo2sixty

Post Number: 32
U guys got some high numbers and i was in an H3 last year that was doing 145s and that was bangin enough for my bonz. but im happy with some hard hits of the drums :-) I wonder how my SSD will do?? Hmmmmmm

Platinum Member

Columbia, SC USA

Post Number: 12626
I'm betting with a good enclosure, and ample clean power, that sub will do an outstanding job.

My single Fi Q is terrific in my fastback, and I'm running that one straight sealed on a bridged 2-channel amp.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us