Upgrade from cvr 15's in blazer???

Bronze Member
Username: Glock40

Post Number: 29
well if some of u can remember quite a while back i ordered 2 cvr 15's and they finally got installed with my kx1200, and D@MMMN didi they surprise me. box is 7.96 cubes after sub and port displacements @ 37.5 hz. (much louder than my old L5 12s)

now im choosing between the 2010 kicker cvx 15's, FI BL 15s, or AQ HDC3 15's, with the similar box design i had.

and new amp probly will be the AQ 2200, because price of a true amp.

1. of those 3 choices which set will be the loudest with the AQ 2200???

2. also will that much of an upgrade^^^ from kx1200 and cvr 15s, be a noticeable difference for sure???

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Columbia, SC USA

Post Number: 12522
the AQ and Fi subs will both probably be superior to the CVR, but by how much is a hard call. I'm using a single 18" Fi Q myself and love it, but the BTL is more SPL oriented. What are you looking for? louder? lower? better, tighter control?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
well im mostly looking for a loudness upgrade.

i wanted a pair of the choices i noted, but i didnt want to spend the extra money if i hooked it all up and it wasnt louder than the cvr's

my goal is any louder than it is right now and ill be HAPPY, cause its hurting ears loud now, and taillight on top of window broke in back lol

Platinum Member

Columbia, SC USA

Post Number: 12529
the BTL is your best bet then I believe, but do you really need it louder than that? I mean, you're already causing damage to your hearing that you'll never get back, and you have a long time to live with that still ahead of you.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
i just want to be louder than my 2 buddies to shame em lol there pretty damn loud though

1. one is 4 hx2 12's in ext cab tacoma, verrry loud, i think his is louder

2. other is 02 tahoe with 2 L7 15's, pretty loud, very close loudness and my cvrs sound wayyy better

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
or... would 4 12's get louder like....

4 aq sdc2.5 12's on aq 2200 vs

my 2 cvr 15's on kx1200

you think i could tell a difference with the 4 12's (loudness) or not really?

Platinum Member

Columbia, SC USA

Post Number: 12538
it's not really a matter of cone surface area or diameter alone. you also need to factor in excursion, BL curve, enclosure response curve, cabin gain and transfer function, etc.. if you're talking about SPL and how loud the sub(s) will get. Power is the other thing to consider.
If you want loud, put a dedicated amp on each sub at 2 ohms.

Silver Member
Username: M0nstar

Toledo, OH U.S.

Post Number: 425
have fun. ur 2 friends have some loud sh!t. 2 L7s 15s is loud. 4 12 hx2s is loud. u could just get 2 more cvrs and have 4 15s =D that was my origional plan when i had my cvr15s

Platinum Member

Columbia, SC USA

Post Number: 12703
Or you can build a SQ system and laugh at them when they hear how clean your setup is :D

SPL guys are a different breed. It still makes me laugh when I see guys bragging about hitting 160dB, then they open their car door, and it's all raw MDF, wires hanging out everywhere, looking like Hurricane Katrina just went through their interior.. LOL
The thing is, they don't care! They just shrug it off and say, "Yeah, but it's LOUD!"

Silver Member
Username: M0nstar

Toledo, OH U.S.

Post Number: 426
^x2

different people like different things, though. if someone wants to choose not to do things nice and make sh!t sound good because it either A) takes more time or B) they dont feel like learning the proper way, solong as they get some sort of reaction out of the simpleness theyve just done theyre like f6ck it

Silver Member
Username: Poprocks

Post Number: 337
The AudioQue SDC2.5 are D4 only.

Look into some T3 Audio T600,T1000.

Or why not get two more CVR's on another KX1200.1.

Silver Member
Username: Simple_smith

Lapeer, Michigan United States

Post Number: 375
^x2 on 2 more CVRs on another KX1200.1

or you could go with 2 Fi BL 15s. 9cu.ft. box tuned to like 32hz. off the Audioque 2200. you just have to make sure your electrical can handle the 2200

Platinum Member

Columbia, SC USA

Post Number: 12753
or really embarrass your friends.
get a single quad coil BTL, as large a one as you can fit in your vehicle, then drive each coil with a pair of strapped Kicker KX1200.1 amplifiers.

Make sure you have about 4 alternators to handle the current draw, and proceed to laugh at your friends as you decimate them with a single subwoofer.

If you want to add insult to injury, build a 6th order bandpass enclosure for that sub and amp setup and add about +12dB to your output.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us