'08 Harley Street Glide install

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana Team Audible...

Post Number: 7931
Well, here is likely a first for Ecoustics :-)

The boss man (Buddy), has a '08 Harley Street Glide, and like all Harley guys, you gotta 1-up the next one...lol. Back when carried Infinity/JBL we upgraded his speakers to 5 1/4 Infinity's...even though that was a HUGE upgrade from the stock speaker, it had to get more.

Upload
Upload

We picked up ARC Audio awhile back, and the KS125.2 Mini is perfect for Harley's. So we upgraded to it and a pair of KS6026 6.5's. Oh, and this job is full solder.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Tapped to the factory outputs and connected to the high-level inputs on the KS125.2 mini.

Upload
Upload

All mounted up and ready to ride.
Upload
Upload

The ARC KS6062's sounded great and were an amazing upgrade from the Infinity 5 1/4's, but it they bottomed out a little too easy and didn't have enough midbass. Far better than original, but hey, you can always go bigger!

So, we pulled the Arc 6.5's and grabbed a set of DD CX6.5's.

Upload

The final product.
Upload

Midbass is SICK and they are clean...much better than I thought they would be thru the high-level inputs. The DD's can handle alot more power than the ARC's. This thing sounds great now, better than the front stage in most cars around here.

He rode the bike to work the next day, said they are clean and clear even over wind noise at 80mph.

He is on the way to the Louisiana Harley rally next week, I'm sure plenty of people will get a DD/Arc demo soon.

A whole new market segment for us here at Desiard St. Pawn and Car Audio will be out in force this Spring!

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 22442
Wow. It is an entirely different market and application to say the least on cycles. Been riding for 20 years myself.

My question is how hard is it to upgrade the charging/storage system on cycles? With cars you have more room for batteries and such. It must pose a different challenge all together.

Gold Member
Username: Bonhamd

Traverse City, MI

Post Number: 2098
that is sweet

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 5210
Nice install.
Being as there is no sub, the charging system should handle a speaker amp easy. Now if you added a sub then throw a few kenetics in the saddle bags with a small mono amp like a MMats D200hc

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 152.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 16081
for sure its a 1st for E ...

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana Team Audible...

Post Number: 7933
Paul, the amp is 70wrms x 2 @ 4ohm and its class G (full range class D). No not much current draw. Its fused at 20a.

I'm sure a small Powermaster or Kinetik batt will fit.

Arc Audio offers Harley kits w/ speakers, amp kit, and amp.

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 22445
Then by all means have at it lol. I was just curious about the bike's smaller charging system as compared to what we normally see here in "Mobile audio".

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 5113
wow thats awesome marshall hopefully you get some great business out of that

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2982
Thats pretty sweet!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums