4 10's or 2 12's ???

Username: Austin6

Post Number: 9
What would you choose and why?

I am wanting hard hitting bass, but only problem is I have a mazda 6 Sedan, with a very sealed trunk.

I have a 2 channel amp that can run 4 Ohm's Mono 800 Watt RMS.

I was thinking about going with either 2 12's DVC 4 Ohm speakers 400 Watt RMS (or) 4 10'S SVC 200 Watt RMS 4 Ohm speakers.

Any suggestions? on which speaker combinations to go with and maybe a particular brand that might get the job done?

Thanks in advance for any help.......

Silver Member
Username: Rswan

Post Number: 163
go with the 4 10's they will hit harder than just 2 12's if they are the same speakers in 10 or 12.

Silver Member

Post Number: 164
4 tens will also be tighter hitting, but will still bump really loud because you have 4 compared to 2

Anonymous

every thing that swan has seid is very true but 40 inches of speaker could be to much sence you have a smaller car my friend had 3 10's in his trunk and it was an ok loud stereo but when he got rid of one of the subs it got a lot louder he also had gotten a smaller amp same brand and class but less power so he wouldnt void his warenty

well any ways the thing is, is that i have only realy learned this with a smaller car that has a speaker of 15 inches it doesnt have enough room to develop a solid sound wave so it could be louder than it is i would go with 2 12" subs you well be very satisfied i garentie it

Post Number: 10
What speakers should I get if I go with 2 12's...

The amp will push 800 Watts RMS at 4 Ohm's Bridged.

200 x 2 at 4 Ohms (Stereo)
400 x 2 at 2 Ohms (Stereo)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
This is becoming harder than I thought... I spoke wiht a few friends who are a little more knowledgeable than I... saying I should go with the 4 10's since I listen to more pop/dance music. Can anyone recommend.....

a 10 that is around 200 Watts RMS SVC 4 Ohm's?

If a amp says it will push 800 watts RMS is that with the gain all the way down or amp with everything maxed out? and is there a way to find out what my amp is really pushing?

Silver Member

Post Number: 175
gain doesnt adjust power. the gain sets the level that at which the amp recieves the signal. 800watts rms means that the amp can constantly put out 800 watts. get 4 kicker comps. my friend has two 10's and they sound really good. the only thing is that your trunk is going to rattle like no tommorow. if you can i would put down one of the rear seats so that the air from the speaker can travel into the cab of the car.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us