Vehicle

jbuoygvu
Unregistered guest
what kind of vehicle is better for bass, a car or a truck? i know SUVs are the best but whats better out of a car or truck

Bronze Member
Username: Purplehase_bong

Bc Canada

Post Number: 83
it depends were u put the subs

Silver Member
Username: Rswan

Post Number: 161
any vehicle that allows you to have an open space that goes directly into the cab i.e. hatchbacks, wagons, suv's, trucks's etc, are good vehicles. better than a vehicle with a sealed trunk.

Anonymous

YUP swan is right again

jbdftgfnh
Unregistered guest
well i was thinking of getting two 15's and putting them in a 1997 dodge dakota ext cab, how should i face them, im going to make a box for them, im looking for mostly spl so i decided to go with the re x-xx's and a zapco amp, i was thinking of putting them face up or angled up but im not sure any opinios on what i shoud do? im looking for spl but i want it to maintain decent sq since the subs will be right behind me

Silver Member
Username: Davids2004

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 239
Most people who put them in extended cabs face them down which will give you a little better bass since it will be bouncing off the floor or face them upwards.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3797
hatchbacks tend to have the best results.. things like firebirds, civic hatchbacks, CRXs, etc.

Bronze Member
Username: Cbigchrisb

Post Number: 16
nice choice man. you will get more than decent sq

jbfgvhj
Unregistered guest
do u think i should seal the box or port it? and im probably going to face it angled upwards kind of toward the windshield, because making a box and putting them face down is too hard for me, but im still opened for suggestions on how to do this. and will this wireing kit be enough for my amp and subwoofers http://www.infinitecaraudio.com/cgi-bin/icastore.cgi?user_action=detail&catalogn o=TSX4404. thank u

jbfgvhj
Unregistered guest
?????????

jbfgvhj
Unregistered guest
?????????

Silver Member
Username: Rswan

Post Number: 173
my friend had built a custom box in his chevy S10. he took out the fold down seats in the back and built his box to fit inside the space. he was running two rockford subs ( one in each spot where the seats used to be) and it was loud as hell. so if you could do that then i would try it. either way make your box sealed. if you build a ported box it wont sound that good in an open cab. but thats just my opinion. if you can build the box like my friend did i would go for it you will definitely be hittin some hard a$$ db's

jbfgvhj
Unregistered guest
Do u think that will be enough for my wiring though? and how many db's do u think i could hit if im putting them in a sealed enclosure right behind my seat?

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 706
You said you're going for mostly SPL, so I'd do a ported box. If you tune the box low (around 28 hz), you'll get great SQ and a LOT of SPL, for even more SPL tune the box around 35 hz. Two X.X.X. 15s in a ported box in a truck with the right power should hit in the neighborhood of 150 db. Depends on the truck though, can't tell you exact numbers as I haven't done many Dakotas.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us