"Check CD" error message

Username: Vconaway

Post Number: 1
i am getting a continous "check cd" error message on my car cd player (chevrolet impala). Everytime this message is displayed I hear a spinning sound like it is trying to eject a cd but there is no cd in the cd player. Could something be stuck in the player? Please help?

Unregistered guest
I'm having the same problem with my cd player in my 2001 impala. Did you ever find a fix?

BLUEIGUANA
Unregistered guest
hello.. i have a jensen cd stereo receiver in my car... no matter what cd i put in the player i get this code which is: ER-04 NO CDS WILL PLAY AT ALL..I GET THIS CODE..IF ANYONE CAN HELP OR TELL ME WHAT THIS IS..PLEASE EMAIL ME AT:
BLUEIGUANA@AOL.COM..
THANKS

Unregistered guest
I had this problem (see my prev reply unregistered guest). Well I think the continuous winding even when my car was off drained my battery one day when I didn't drive the car all day. I changed batteries & now the cd player works just fine. So, I guess try unhooking your battery for a few seconds/minutes & reconnect it to reset the cars computer system. This may help.

D-Loc
Unregistered guest
i have a 2005 chevrolet malibu and had the same problem, it would make the grinding sound like it was trying to eject a cd even while the car was turned off, just disconnect and reconnect your battery and it should work just fine again

SW
Unregistered guest
D-Loc, you're absolutely right about disconnecting your battery to get rid of the "check cd" error message in car. I tried it in my truck and it worked.

PKW
Unregistered guest
I have a 2003 Hyundai Tiburon with a Infinity stereo when I put in a CD it goes in but then ejects it and ERR 6 shows up. What can I do?

Username: Sweetkiss48

I am getting a continous "check cd" every time I put a cd in my player. I have a 2001 (impala chevrolet) the cd radio came with the car and is a factory radio. I would like to know how i can repair it; if it is possible. Thanks

Unregistered guest
i have a Chevy Malibu but the stereo doesn't do anything but say "error" and "locked" - the cd, the radio - nothing works except the clock, and its 2 hours off.

Anonymous

Cd radio is factory radio (toyota echo). PLays cd but after 2 or 3 songs cd is ejected and ERR message shows. Can I fix it myself and how? Thanks.

laskins@peoplepc.com
Unregistered guest
please tell me how i can fix the reading error 6 on my infinity cd stereo system for my 2003 kia optima.

laskins@peoplepc.com
Unregistered guest
please tell me how i can fix the reading error 6 on my infinity cd stereo system for my 2003 kia optima.

laskins@peoplepc.com
Unregistered guest
I TRIED UNHOOKING THE BATTERY CABLES DID NOT WORK, DOES ANYONE ELSE HAVE A SOLUTION TO THIS PROBLEM I AM HAVEING, I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE THE HELP. RESPOND ASAP, I HAVE TO HAVE MY CD PLAYER

THANKS

Unregistered guest
I have a 2005 chevy truck with factory cd player/ radio. Driving along when the CD stopped playing and the clock went to 12:00. Since then CD is stuck in the player and I cannot get the CD player to work. Controls do not even acknowledge there is a CD player. Any ideas before I call dealer?

Unregistered guest
I am getting an ER-4 on my Jensen CD Player I've pressed the reset button I have only got 2 CDs to play and sometimes I have trouble with those.I have a 89 Camaro can anyone help me

Unregistered guest
I get the Error 4 message on my car cd player and it only plays for a few seconds could someone please help me find a way to listen to the WHOLE cd thanks

Unregistered guest
I get the Error 4 message on my car cd player and it only plays for a few seconds could someone please help me find a way to listen to the WHOLE cd thanks
condon_stephanie05@hotmail.com

Anonymous

Been driving around for a month in our big fancy 2001 Chevy "living room on wheels, worse gas mileage than a Hummer" customized van all bummed out because the stereo had a constant whirring noise and displayed a Check CD message at all times. My wife had even lost her sex drive because she couldn't listen to her new complete Stax CD set. What a wonderful thing the Internet is! Just unhooked the battery for 5 minutes and now Stax is blasting and the big van is hopping again. Worked perfectly! Thanks to whoever suggested the fix and sorry to those with a more serious problem. We're rocking again at my house! Joe

camryowner
Unregistered guest
I get error 1, i think finding out what the error codes are all about will lead to a solution. Anyone know a technician that works for a Toyota? or the people who make these radios?

camryowner
Unregistered guest
I get error 1, i think finding out what the error codes are all about will lead to a solution. Anyone know a technician that works for a Toyota? or the people who make these radios?

Anonymous

I have a jensen cd player and i keep getting an error 8 message. It will not play any cd at all. If anyone has a solution please email me at burnit2104@yahoo.com

Unregistered guest
I have a new durabrand cd player installed in my prizm, Yes I am POOR. Anyway, it gives an error 3 message and I can't find my instruction book. I swear I saved it, but ...
Sometimes it will play just fine and then 4 or 5 times it will give the err-3. Sometimes it will be playing and the cd will skip and then it quits and I get the err-3. ???

Stefanie-Jade
Unregistered guest
I have an Axis AX-9002 in my 92 mitsubishi lancer. it used to work fine but now it comes up as ER-06 and wont play cd's at all. it will, however, still play the radio. does anybody have a solution to this problem? email me at stefanie_jade@hotmail.com

Username: Obi79

West MidlandsUnited Kingdom

hiya everytime i try to use my cd player in my car (ford fiesta lx) i keep getting cd error 25 does anyone know how to fix this problem?

jama
Unregistered guest
I have a 2005 Malibu. I cannot get the CD "in" the player. It doesn't just slide in. It seems like something is stuck in it or it has a lock. The manual says nothing about a lock.

Unregistered guest
I have a 96 nissan maxima with a clarion cd player. whenever i put a cd in it just reads error 6 and won't play any cds at all. does anybody know how to fix this problem?? email me at sarah87blue@hotmail.com

Username: Kattykat15

Hey i just bought a 98 Nissan Pulsar with a cd player that came with the car(a nissan one) but everytime i put a cd in it comes up with error 4 i cant get any cds to play. does anyone know what that is and how i can fix it? email me at im_in_love_2@hotmail.com

Username: Daniel_canada

Canada

Post Number: 6
Buy a Honda? LOL, no really, go to the dealer/shop. Not the HOME audio forum.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 2535
Car Audio is another forum!
It's called reading, people!

Username: Cobr

When i put a cd in my Clarion cd player in my nissan sentra the cd player sometimes say "error 3", or "error 6" how can i fix this?

Username: Jannaj

Phoenix

TWICE!!! 2001 QX4, failed at 28K in Oct 2003, it was under warranty so the dealer replaced with "remanufactured". I just hit 57K this weekend and it failed again! With dad's assistance, we took it out of dash and took player apart (following instructions from previous post). We took CDS out and installed it back in dash, still not working! Augh!!! I e-mailed the e-bay guy and will be sending it to him. I think that is the best bet at this point. Janna

Username: Msbennett33

I have a 2001 ventura mini van and when I put a cd in the stereo it acts like it want to come on but then It goes to error 6. How can I correct this and get the cd playing. It is a used car just got it last week.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us