Need advice on buying a new HU

Username: Soul_karver

Randolph, WI USA

Post Number: 1
Hey everybody... I need some help buying a new HU... I've been searching around the internet for some options and I made a list of a few that I liked:

SONY CDX-F7700 * $198.95 (Ike Sound)
Clarion DXZ745MP * $274.95 (Ike Sound)
Alpine CDA-9830 * $279.95 (Ike Sound)
Pioneer DEH-P8600MP * $367.95 (Ike Sound)

I still don't know which HU I want though... could anyone give me their opinion on these and maybe offer some similar options? The price of the Pioneer DEH-P8600MP is a little more than I am capable of spending or else I would most likely go with that one.

Anyway... I'm looking for a high quality and durable head unit with all or most of the following features: internal MP3 compatibility (required), advanced sound shaping (EQ, bass controls, high-pass and low-pass filters, etc.), a sound quality enhancement system for MP3s, decent RMS, at least 4v preamps (required), good CD signal-to-noise ratio, and good FM sensitivity.

If anyone could help me find the best HU with these features at the lowest price that would be great!

Thanks in advance!

~Soul Karver

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3783
SONY CDX-F7700 * $198.95 (Ike Sound)
forget Sony. Crappy head units. It'll fall apart.

Clarion DXZ745MP * $274.95 (Ike Sound)
I believe only Clarion's ProAudio top models have 4V preouts

Alpine CDA-9830 * $279.95 (Ike Sound)
this looks like your best bet

Pioneer DEH-P8600MP * $367.95 (Ike Sound)
out of your price range, you said.

also look at Eclipse to see what they ahve in your price limitations.

Bronze Member
Username: Compton2201

Pleasanton, Ca Usa

Post Number: 11
my friend has the cdxf7700 in his car and it isnt ne thing special. occasionally it will skip and the sound isnt as good as i haver heard n other decks. Alpine and pioneer make the best in car audio, especially in head units. I myself have a cda 9827 n its the best deck ive ever had n ive been thru about 4. I suggest the apine, the sound is great on everything they got and the controls are easier to use wen it comes to changing bass levels and other things. easier to use than the pioneer.

Username: Soul_karver

Randolph, WI USA

Post Number: 2
Hey... does anybody know the absolute best HU I can get for $300?

Thanks if you reply!

~Soul Karver

Bronze Member
Username: Toneloc

Post Number: 24
I know a pretty good pioneer you can get for 300. Its the DEH-P7600M at www.sounddomain.com for 229.95

Unregistered guest
Hi,I have an Alpine CDA-9830,can somebody help me to buy the speakers and subwoofer for this head unit pls ?!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us