What ohms are alpine Xs 1243D

Bronze Member
Username: Gutteer

Post Number: 43
cause alpine didnt say on their site and can you wire an AQ 2200D to them or a SD 2000D

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Columbia, SC USA

Post Number: 12471
Alpine typically offers their subs in at least two configurations per model. I believe the "D" signifies a dual voice coil model, so dual 2 or dual 4 ohm would be my guess.

wiring them to any amp will depend on how many subs you want, which coil config you choose, and what load you want to present to the amp.

Bronze Member
Username: Cwruck

Post Number: 74
i believe alpine only makes their type xs in dual 4 ohm
so if you want to run the aq at 1 ohm you would need 2 of them.
but you would need 2 anyways if you want to use that amp
sorry im not familiar with the other amp

Bronze Member

Post Number: 44
i have 2 of them and i wanted 2 run 1 AQ 2200D to each of them but that wont work will it

Bronze Member

Post Number: 45
and i want them 2 get 2000 ea at 1 ohm for each amp but again i dont think i can do that now with this info

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2981
I wouldn't feed those subs 2000w each...they're only rated for 1000wrms each.

Do you have the electrical to support 4400 watts rms? do you have the electrical to even support 2200w?

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 2169
I wouldn't give them 2k each- though if you're running one amp per sub giving it like 1100rms or whatever that'll be great. Only available in d4.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 46
they peak at 3000w ea so wouldnt they be fine?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 47
how would i run 2 subs off a monoblock amp then

Silver Member
Username: Wackzirth88

K-town, Il U.S.

Post Number: 315
Google subwoofer wiring configurations

Silver Member
Username: Kyle_lowe

Post Number: 984
here eric, this will help

http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp

Bronze Member

Post Number: 49
thanks kyle

Silver Member
Username: Domenico

BanginGMCArizona

Post Number: 811
You could have just typed Alpine Type X 12 in the search bar on ebay and it would of told you..

Platinum Member

Columbia, SC USA

Post Number: 12542
http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/woofer_wizard.asp

Bronze Member

Post Number: 51
thanks again and i just looked at the manual for the subs they are 4 ohm
DVC

Bronze Member

Post Number: 53
just gonna get 1 AQ2200 and run both xs off of it wud i need 2 upgrade the alt then??

Username: Jonnrall1993

Post Number: 3
they are 4 ohm or you can wire them to 2 ohm.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 55
im gonna try and wire them into 1 ohm

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 2179
Yes you can wire 2 to 1 ohm.

3000 watts peak means nothing, it's a crap rating because they're sq subs. They're rated 1000 watts rms, so if you call Alpine they'll be sure to tell you exceeding the rms rating by much is not beneficial.

From experience there's no real benefit from more power to this sub for daily listening. I would make sure you have an upgraded battery and maybe a spare, and an upgraded alternator is always a good thing.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 56
k well instead of gettin a spare battery im just gonna get a cap and if i need 2 upgrade the alt i can always do that later

Platinum Member

Columbia, SC USA

Post Number: 12616
a capacitor does nothing for power needs. be aware of that. it's a sales gimmick.

also be aware that the type of enclosure you use has an effect on the power handling of a speaker, and the RMS power handling rating of a speaker is a thermal rating, telling you how much heat the coils can handle without melting. This is why you have continuous and peak ratings. It's how much heat can build up in the coils (in watts) over a period of time, or for bursts of high power.
Also be aware that increasing power to increase volume is not a very efficient method. It takes ten times the power to audibly double the volume, or output from a speaker. Tus, going from a 1000 watt amp to a 2000 watt amp will only net you a gain of +3dB, or the same as just adding a second speaker.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 57
well how does the 2nd batt help

Platinum Member

Columbia, SC USA

Post Number: 12625
having isolated batteries for the audio system allows you to run the stereo without the engine on for longer periods and still be able to start the car. Having multiple batteries in parallel increases the total amp-hours available, so you can run longer, and draw more current as needed without sapping the alternator as badly.

Remember, even with the engine running, the battery(ies) act to stabilize voltage rails in the charging system. The voltage regulator only works so well for that and generally still shows a lot of AC ripple.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 61
ok but im not lookin to spend lots of money on batts so i think the cap would just be easier plus i can get one for free

Platinum Member

Columbia, SC USA

Post Number: 12637
http://www.glasswolf.net/papers/capacitors.html

capacitors don't work that way.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 70
ok then what batts would i need

Platinum Member

Columbia, SC USA

Post Number: 12640
what problem are you having exactly? lights dimming when the engine is running? running out of power while the car is off? how much power, RMS, are you running? is this a competition setup or is it for daily driving/music? what is the vehicle? what exactly is the system layout?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 86
its not a matter of how many batteries you need.
you need to upgrade your alternator!!!
watts is voltage x amps
im guessing that amp will draw about 160 amps at full power.
do the math 14.4 volts x 160 amps =2304 watts
but you have to take into account that your alternator is not just dedicated to run a car stereo..
its meant to charge the battery for the uses of your car, you can figure your car will use around 30-40 amps to operate and if you only have a 90 amp alt that leaves about 50-60 amps unused, but you dont want to max your alt out..
and my numbers may not be exact, but definitely in the ballpark
so you figure you want at least a 200 amp alt just to power one of those aq2200
and then you have to figure just because you have a 200 amp alt if you upgrade and you have to have your wire able to transfer those amps to your car amp, thats why you do the big 3 to give that alt those amps, and thats why you will need 0 ga wire to use with your amp..
its more complicated than that, but this is info in a nutshell, you will need to research more so you know what your doing.
and you also have to figure the longer the run of your wire the less amps that go through it.
you cant just buy powerful amps and run them like you may think, thats the problem these days, all these companies say their amps are rated at 4000 watts so someone buys them and throws them in their car and thinks they are running that 4000 watts when first of all the amp really cant push out that power, and second of all its with a stock electrical system.
i mean come on now, do you really think a stock alt, and little battery can really power 4000 watts?
so first upgrade your alt, research them and find out the reasons for them, then look into deep cycle batteries and see the reasons for them and what they do.
a powerful car stereo is not just buying an amp and subs and throwing it together and bam you have 8000 watts

and if your going to put that much power just into bass what are you going to do about speakers and powering them?
are you going to run them off of a head unit that may put 15 watts to each speaker?
thats a pretty horrible sounding system if you do

Bronze Member

Post Number: 87
and then you also have to take into consideration that no amp puts out the power they say they do at all times, thats where efficiency comes into play. but the good thing is class "d" amps like that aq are much more efficient than class "ab" amps like a 4 channel or 2 channel
im sure glasswolf will explain alot of stuff lol

Platinum Member

Columbia, SC USA

Post Number: 12642
yeah uhh.. what he said

Platinum Member

Columbia, SC USA

Post Number: 12643
there is some useful stuff here
http://www.glasswolf.net/papers/index.html
under the car audio section. you'll find some info on amps and charging setups

www.bcae1.com is great too

Bronze Member

Post Number: 75
ive read your page all ready and im tryin 2 find out what i need before i set up a system so im not having trouble with anything when i do

Platinum Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Northern VA

Post Number: 11851
What it comes down to is if you want to spend the money to do it right. Is it possible to run that amp off your stock electrical? Absolutely. Will it be to its full potential? Doubt it. If you want o run 2k+rms, you really should upgrade your alt. There are people who have ran 2krms on their stock alt and were OK for the most part but to be safe and do it right, you shold upgrade your alt. If you want to test it on the stock electrical system and see how your voltage holds, go right ahead. Just be aware, chances are high that volage will be low and you will have to upgrade your alt which could run anywhere from $200-$750 depending on the car and alt size. Before you buy anything, go check the prices of alts and ask yourself if you would be willing to spend that much more on an alt if you have to. If you answer yes, then go ahead and buy your stuff and test it on your stock electrical. If the voltage dips too low, then go buy the alt and get it installed and things will be fine.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 77
ok thank you
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us