Hey glasswolf

Bronze Member
Username: Smokeit

Ft worth, Texas

Post Number: 66
about that alternator for my 2000 civic. it says on alterstart website that the alternator needs no wiring applications. shou i still get it professionally installed with heavy gauge 4ga or 0 ga. just want to make everything work right so i dont get stuck with a major headache later on.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3768
yeah, whatever you run from battery to amps, needs to be used from alternator to battery as well, and from battery to chassis ground.
remember it's all one circuit, so it all carries the same amount of current.
actually more at the alternator since you lose some to heat over the run of the wire.

Silver Member
Username: Motoman22

Dallas, Texas USA

Post Number: 101
Run an equivalent ground from the engine block to the chassis too. The grounding 'straps' today just aren't enough to carry these loads.

This is VERY important if you have a recent Ford modular V8. The ground is insufficient so it ends up using the coolant as a conductor; this somehow gives antifreeze a corrosive nature. Then you end up with inferior electrical current AND a shot radiator/water pump/heater core. Those aren't cheap items to have replaced...

Anonymous

not trying to put thousands of dollars into my system, but got 2 12" xplods subs(350,1200) and xplod amp(1200 max), the only other things i have done in my car are deck and door panel speakers...when subs are cranked up, all lights in car and headlights dim/flicker...i know you guys know what im talking about....whats the best solution for this dimming problem? capacitator? if so what farad, name brand, not trying to spend alot more than 120$ on cap. thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us