Whats better for boom

Username: Binodog

Bassett, Ne United States

Post Number: 10
I have a 1200 hunder watt amp and i want to know what would sound better three tens or two twelves?

mike245
Unregistered guest
GET 2 12'S AUDIOBHAUN

Bronze Member
Username: 03exploder

Chattanooga, Tennessee U S of A

Post Number: 23
that all depends on what kind of subs you are looking at, list some of you choices and then we can answer it. and ignore that 2nd post Audiobahn sucks and he cant even spell it right.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
three rockford fosgate punches, or two kickers cvr i really dont know the problem is i had already bought a 1200 watt amp i am trying to find speakers that will match that wattage i mean i can i just want to find something in a decent price range i have had no name speakers for a long time and never had a problem with them and i want to know quality. Are prymids all that bad or pionerr, sony, legacy, pyle, any good.

Bronze Member
Username: Bruhneedluv2

Post Number: 63
hey there. here is a list of the bad, questionable, good, and best products out there by Glasswolf himself.

http://p079.ezboard.com/fcaraudiotalkfrm27.showMessage?topicID=48.topic

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
have you ever heard of MB acoustics thats what i have and i guess you can say i have underpowered them so is that the only reason i have never had a problem with them? Would it hurt to hook up to rockfords that have a peak of 400 watts to a 1200 watt amp?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
also whats better a dual voice coil or a single i have dual in all my other cars? I meant two rockfords i was thinking maybe three tens as well this all has to go to 1200 watts i know i could blow them but i am not sure of the potential risk? Would three tens that sound terrible i mean would there be boom, and what about two Pyramid PW12290 12" Imperial Series Woofers at 12000 watt peak power. Glasswolf any suggestions.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
also whats better a dual voice coil or a single i have dual in all my other cars? I meant two rockfords i was thinking maybe three tens as well this all has to go to 1200 watts i know i could blow them but i am not sure of the potential risk? Would three tens sound terrible i mean would there be boom, and what about two Pyramid PW12290 12" Imperial Series Woofers at 1200 watt peak power. Glasswolf any suggestions.

Anonymous

if u want the boom i would find a pair of soem decent 15's....10's will give ya real tight clean bass

Silver Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 360
I would go with 2 12" RFs. That AMP will put out about 600 RMS power so if you got 2 200W RMS subs it would sound good. 3 10"s would sound ok, it would be real tight with deep 'rolling' bass to a minimul.

Silver Member
Username: Jayj

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 283
00shawsim what kind of amp do you have??? And all the names you have listed so far have been junk. The only ones you talked about that was decent was the rockfords and the kickers. If you want some good sound you will want to spend more then what legacys and sonys cost. As far as the DVC subs we need to know what kind of amp it is. Is the amp 1200 watts RMS or Peak.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
the amp is peak of 1200 i actually have changed my mind i have a cousin that is only running 1200 watt sub with a 1200 watt amp and it is working awesome. It is in a 2004 tiburon and the hatch back is rattling off from the base i have heard that the audiobahn is a bad speaker but that is all that he has one audiobahn it really does sound too bad and i got to thinking that i might want to do that it will save some trunk space. Any suggestions on a single powerful good speaker and what are some websites that sell speakers. thanks for the past help!

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3778
JL Audio 13W7
Resonant Entineering X.X.X 15"

either of these should move a lot of air with about 1000 watts of RMS power from a good amp and placed in a good box.

johnnymike
Unregistered guest
good lord man please do yourself a favor and listen to glasswolf!! GO WITH JL AUDIO!! I have the 12W7 and It's the best sub I've ever heard in my entire life. It hits soooo hard and has very tight clean bass. And as for the box for it I built my own sealed box from the specifications on jlaudio.com. sounds GREAT!!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us