Cerwin Vega V-Max

Bronze Member
Username: Iamduff_87

Michigan America!

Post Number: 77
Got a quick question on the V-MAXs. What is thier X-Max and what affect will thier range of 20-500HZ have? Dont most subs have a range up to 1000 HZ?? Thanks in advance. Also what do you think about this sub compared to other subs in its price range.

Anonymous

bump

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3725
you can look up the excursion on their website, and the upper range is pointless since the subs should be cut off at 80Hz anyway. Anything over 100Hz won't matter since roll-off and crossover point will cut off above that point.

Bronze Member

Michigan America!

Post Number: 84
thier website . www.CerwinVega.com does not have very much info on thier subs.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3737
download the PDF file for the sub you want.
it's all in there. the T/S specs
the only ones I have handy are for the Strokers.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3738
and the site is:
http://www.cerwin-vega.com/products/mobileaudio/index.html

Bronze Member

Michigan America!

Post Number: 88
i dont no why but I cant find that PDF file anywhere on the site.

i clicked your link, clicked the V-MAX Series button. Clicked on the 12inch sub. And cant find it.

Hey glass do you have an aim name?

I got your PDF
Unregistered guest
I have the pdf for all the Vmax series if you want it AIM is Viper7682 and I'll send it to you

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3762
there ya go.
thanks.
I didn't get time to go diggin for it.

Bronze Member

Michigan America!

Post Number: 90
ok i got the PDF. The V-MAXs 12" sub require a 1ft^3 box. Im not sure what the size of my current box is. I believe about 1.25. Also on the internet like bigdog and a few others only have .85 (88 maybe) and 1.25 boxes. Would I have to create my own box? Also I deceided I must go with sealed because the ported is way to big for my trunk. Also i was wondering about the Xmax. That is supposed to determine the amount of air it can push correct? This sub has a 20.3 mm Xmax (peak to peak) and the other subs i was considering where Shivas which have a 16 mm Xmax on way. So the shiva has a 12 mm difference which I would think would be a great difference. Can you tell me about these two subs and how they comapre. Also compared to a Kicker Comp VR or Type R and 12w0s.

Thanks

Bronze Member

Michigan America!

Post Number: 92
bump... sorry im really interested in these subs but i have no clue how they compare to other subs as noone around here has any C-Vs.

Silver Member
Username: Grmncrsnbr

VA

Post Number: 125
the values they give you on the internet are pre driver installation. The size you get from the manual is post installation so after the driver has displaced some air. So you need to see if the PDF lists the driver displacement. Then you need to find/make a box that is equal to 1 cu ft plus the driver displacement or close to it.

Bronze Member

Michigan America!

Post Number: 93
The speaker displacement is .13 cu ft. The Total Box Volume listed in the PDF says 1 cu ft. It says total box volume. Not sure either way before or after displacement. And also still wonder how these subs compare.

Silver Member
Username: Grmncrsnbr

VA

Post Number: 127
glass I know we have talked about my oz subs a lot what would you say the difference is between these in 10s and the Oz 10s i want? sorry for busting in john

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3786
the xmax combined with the driver's cone surface area will give you a rough idea for how much air the sub can move, yes. the shiva would be louder, but it costs more as well. it also takes more air space for a box.

Bronze Member

Michigan America!

Post Number: 95
thanks glass. what about type Rs, comp vrs, and jl wo3s?? How do all of those compare. I just have never heard one of these Cerwin Vegas ANYWHERE and wanted to know if I should just buy one off of hearsay without knowing how they sound, what kind of sound quality they have, how loud they can get, and how long they usually last. Sorry I just cant get myself to want to buy something I have never even seen or heard before.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3796
then I'd recommend you go with what you've heard and liked.
that's always the best bet.

Bronze Member

Michigan America!

Post Number: 96
i see you are from Michigan. I live around Saginaw. Do you have any idea where I could maybe hear one or something? I like the idea you said they were great in another post somewhere and they are relativly cheap. I just wanted to know how you would compare thier SPL and SQ to Type Rs , w0s and CVRs.

Also I was wondering if you knew of any competitions around the Saginaw area. Im interested in going to one just to see what these people got I think that would be a lot of fun.

Thanks Wolf

Bronze Member

Michigan America!

Post Number: 98
also im interested in the Vegas because I have amps that would match thier 300RMS perfectly.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us