What kind of box for two 12w3 ?

Steven Wong
i have two 12w3's dual 6ohm. where and what kind of box should i buy? ported? or no? i heard ported sounds best for hip hop music, and thas what i listen to. thanks all!

e
ported will give more Bass, im not too sure about the 12w3, but like i said ported would always deliver more bass, but it would have to alot bigger than a sealed box, i hear the 12w3 give off more SQ than SPL, so in this case i say you go with sealed, now as far as the size, go on teh JL website and look for the Box Parameters, they have recommended sizes for sealed and ported enclosures, but what kind of amp to you plan on running on these subs?

steven
i plan on putting a 500/1 . and i also have another question, im placing these subs right behind my seats in my Chevy S10 extended cab, so i wanted to know if this might be overkill? i dont want to be deaf, u kno? lol my other choice was possibly getting a w6 powered also by a 500/1

steve
o yah, and what exactly does this 6ohm thing mean?cuz i noticed they also have 4 ohm. thanks!

steve
one more thing, i heard that ported sounds good for hip hop, but i also heard much more strain is placed on the subs with a ported box.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us