Help..too mcuh rattling

jason2v
Unregistered guest
I got 3 problems if anyone can help me thanks:

1)My rearview mirror shakes and makes to much noise.then it slowly moves and starts to vibrate against tha windshield..
2)Rear speakers start to make popping noise due to tha subwoofers..pushin them because of tha bass vibrations

3) Rear panel where tha third brake light and speakers are is rattling to muchh ..

ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Anonymous

duct tape..."if u cant fix it with duct tape you cant fix it with anything"

jason2v
Unregistered guest
ok ill just duct tape tha whole car and ill add sum krazy clue in it too ..haha.
anyone else?

Silver Member
Username: Jayj

Post Number: 259
Jason that rearview mirror isn't going to stop that no matter what. You will just have to get use to it sorry. I don't know what to tell you about the rear speakers Glass or Johnathan should beable to help you with that. And you should Invest in dynamat that will stop most if not ALL the other vibrations. Good Luck

Username: Arlo

Post Number: 7
not sure if this helps but...one of my friends fixed his rattling rear panel by simply screwing an extra screw or two through it. Not sure exactly where he put it, but it fixed his Corrolla.
The rear speaker situation doesnt sound very good (no pun intended!)...see about screwing in the speakers there too i suppose.

oh and if all else fails...turn down the volume :D ok just kidding...good luck on your rattling. sorry i wasnt much help, but try screws or super glue.

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 678
1. How is your rearview mirror attached? There aren't many things you can do there, maybe get a new one that hasn't loosened up over time, but it will always vibrate a little.
2. For the rear speakers, you'll need to enclose them so that they won't be affected. Not too many options there, either.
3. For the rear panel, you'll need Dynamat, Fatmat, or some similar sound deadening to deaden the panel. Make sure to concentrate on areas like where the third brake light bolts to the panel, put some Dynamat to separate the plastic light casing from the metal of the rear panel, also any other mounting points such as the speakers, etc. need Dynamat under them as well.

jason2v
Unregistered guest
i duno its by glue i guess.its stock ..

for ma rear speakers.how do i enclose themm.any examples..tha speakers bolts arent loose or anything(arlo said to put sum more screws in them.jus to make it clear) is tehre sum sort of plastic cover for my 6x9 speakerss so the cone wont get pushed by tha bass from the subs?

Silver Member
Username: Sploosh56

Post Number: 267
For the rear speakers just use a baffle. As for the rear view mirror just use some rope caulk around the parts that vibrate. It looks like crap but hey it works. You could always use duct tape too. lol! If you can't duct it F*ck it!

jason2v
Unregistered guest
ok ill try that but wat is rop caulk how to i use it and where do i get it from..lol and wat is a baffle ..lol

jason2v
Unregistered guest
ok ill try that but wat is rop caulk how to i use it and where do i get it from..lol and wat is a baffle ..lol

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 680
When I said enclosing it, I meant some sort of speaker box.

Username: Cbigchrisb

Post Number: 9
i had the same problems with my rear speakers and i just took them out. to me, unless your 6x9s in the back are aftermarket, their not going to make much of a difference in bass or treble against your subs. also, depending on your how your car is made, removing them will leave ports so your subs should sound alot better and a little louder.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us