Need more than dynamat

Bronze Member
Username: Kickercomp

Tampa, FL USA

Post Number: 16
in my explorer my system is 140dBs and it shakes the hell outa my rear hatch. no not just the license plate or the glass hatch but everything. ive taken it to a few local shops and they said they didnt know if dynamat could even help, and if it could i would need like 4 or 5 rolls of it, cause the outside pannels in the front car rattle, the running boards, and my back wiper bounces off the car an inch back and forth. im putting in my 13w7 soon and i know it can only get worse. me my friend and this big guy at circuit city were all pushing as hard as we could against the hatch and didnt stop the reattling, it just vibrated our hands????any suggestions????

Silver Member
Username: Rswan

Post Number: 158
face the speakers towards the front of the car

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3665
consider gutting the vehicle and having it spray-coated with rhino-liner or similar.
then use expanding spray foam on inerior areas you can't reach.
after that, use heavy mat like dynamat extreme, and lay that down from the roof liner to teh floor, firewall to tailgate.

here's my personal favorite for spray in liners for audio:
http://www.newlizardskin.com/

Silver Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 345
I like glass wolfs idea. It would be better than dynamat and most likely less expensive.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3671
I don't know about less expensive. spray lining isn't cheap.
It is highly effective however

Silver Member

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 347
yeah, i shouldnt have said that but if it was my car i would rather have it sprayed than clumping up dynamat on the sides.

Bronze Member
Username: Kickercomp

Tampa, FL USA

Post Number: 17
thanks ill give it a try

Silver Member

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 356
If you decide that spray on isnt for you than i will suggest a cheaper alternative than dynamat, Fat Mat is way cheaper for the same stuff and it also can be vought in liquid form.
http://www.fatmat.com/
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us