Need help with box

Username: Thevgmaster23

Post Number: 2
I was wondering if anyone knows a prefab box that is a dual 12" 1.75cu ft. ported box. i am about to buy 2 JL W7 12's, and need a box that not only can take that pounding, but is ported as well. btw, i have 1 audiobahn 12 now and the reason i am upgrading is cause it is a big pile of crap. it is ok if you want just a meandering noise, but i want to be heard outside of my car, and this thing does make the car rattle, wait.. it makes it rattle more than the noise of the sub. don't buy audiobahn subs.

Bronze Member
Username: Kickercomp

Tampa, FL USA

Post Number: 14
get a box 1"mdf thick and make sure that 1.75 is recomended for each sub, its gonna be a big box! i have a 13w7 in a 2.35cuft slot ported box and am waiting to get my 1000/1 hope it works out for ya.
what amp(s) r u using for the 2 subs?

Silver Member
Username: Grmncrsnbr

VA

Post Number: 109
from what ive heard q logic boxes are pretty good but ive never experienced them

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-9FOoMmJ785O/cgi-bin/prodview.asp?i=044H1712DE

Post Number: 3
i'm using an Audiobahn A1500HCT 2000 watt amp. at 2 ohms it puts out 1000 watts. the w7 12's are rated at 750 rms, and i'll only be sending them 500 each. think that'll be nuff, and if not, should i just get 1 13.5 w7 which is rated at 1000 rms? btw, i have a qlogic box now. i need something that has slot ports not cheap azz cardboard ports. some people dish audiobahn for their amps as well as their subs. i'm totally in agreement with the sub arguement, but their amps are pretty good. neway, get back to me on this asap. thanks

Post Number: 5
i'm using an Audiobahn A1500HCT 2000 watt amp. at 2 ohms it puts out 1000 watts. the w7 12's are rated at 750 rms, and i'll only be sending them 500 each. think that'll be nuff, and if not, should i just get 1 13.5 w7 which is rated at 1000 rms? btw, i have a qlogic box now. i need something that has slot ports not cheap azz cardboard ports. some people dish audiobahn for their amps as well as their subs. i'm totally in agreement with the sub arguement, but their amps are pretty good. neway, get back to me on this asap. thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Redskin

LondonEngland

Post Number: 58
If you've spent loads of cash on a W7 why stick it in a cheap thin crap box? Bite the bullet and get a decent box for a decent sub.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3766
and a decent amp.

Post Number: 6
hey. i love my amp. and unless i have someone die in my family so i can get enough cash for a jl amp, i'm sticking with the one i have now. it works, it works well, and thats all i care about. also, i haven't bought the w7s yet. nor the box i plan to put them in. thats why i'm asking what works for them. the qlogic piece of junk i have now houses the crappy audiobahn sub. i wouldn't dare put a w7 in there, it'd tear it appart

Silver Member
Username: Davids2004

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 228
This is a little bigger then you want but will be an awesome box if it will work. Its tuned to 45 hz so more for spl then sq.

http://proboxrocks.com/superbass/2-12-SPB.shtml

Post Number: 8
thx
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us