Charging a capacitor with light bulb and system shutting itself on high volume?help needed plz

Username: Xtrovert

Post Number: 1
hi everyone,
i have just bought a used system of an auction site.it is
alpine 9813 r stereo,2 velocity series blaupunkt subs,one buring desire 2 blaupunkt amplifier and a 1 farad capacitor.the wattage on subs is 200 rms each and the amp is mono block and 2000watts on 1 ohm.
i am very new to all this.have searched many forums in order to find answers to some questions..hope someone could help me here with their experienced advice.

after installing the system when i put the volume loud say over 20 volumer the stereo huts down and restart again and keep doing it untill i put the vovolume low.system has also blown off 3 fuses by now of 80AMP each just by putting the volume loud.
another problem i am facing is that the led on the capacitor is not hsowing any charge but it the green light come on.i have read that i have to charge the capacitor but i dont have any resistor.read that i can use any light bulb of 12volts to charge the capacitor.

could anyone please explain how shall i connect the light bulb to charge the capaitor in term of negative and terminals of the light bulb and the capacitor and the battery.bsorry bt i dont know whow to connect the bulb in series to charge the capacitor.

and could anyone please econfirm that the problem of stroe shutting down and blowing the fuse by increasing the volume will solve onc3 the capacitor is charged.
Thanx for the help in advance and appreciate any help anf guidance.
cheers and best regards

Username: Xtrovert

Post Number: 2
any help please guys??
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us