Sony VS6950 6x9 Four Way Speakers

Username: Spirntcarcowboy

Seal Beach, Cal USA

Post Number: 2
What are your opinion of these speakers?

Bronze Member
Username: Jamtochristian

Williamsport, Pennsylvania USA of course!

Post Number: 88
There are better ones out there. I'd stay away from these. Check out some Infinity Kappa 6x9's if you definitely want to just replace your factory 6x9's.

To be honest, the Sony's never really hold up that well, and their sound quality is nothing to be marvelled. Obviously, they'll be much better than factory speakers, but I think they'll not last you very long, and you'll be disappointed in the end.

Username: Cbigchrisb

Post Number: 5
hes telling you right. i put infinity kappa 6x9s in my car and hooked them up to an amp. in fact, if you dont have subs, you wouldnt know that didnt have subs with those in your car. one of the best speakers to me and worth the money. just dont get them installed and just try to run them off your head unit. you'll be wasting their value. run about 100 watts rms to each and get an amp with a gain control on it and turn that pretty high.

Silver Member
Username: Jayj

Post Number: 217
Joe those speakers suck pretty much anything sony makes that goes in a car does. The other 2 guys have the right idea with the infinitys. But I wouldn't go with 6x9s because their distortion rate is higher then with round speakers. Get a good plate system. Those will give alot better sound or you could also buy or make an adapter to change the size.

Username: Spirntcarcowboy

Seal Beach, Cal USA

Post Number: 6
I was hoping to hear the opposite because my dad is a retired Sony employee and I can get them for $45 a pair!

Joe

Silver Member

Post Number: 224
If your dad worked for Sony then you should beable to get them for .50 a piece. I would buy them for that but not for my car.

Bronze Member
Username: Mattl

Bolingbrook, Illinois USA

Post Number: 84
Buy 'em and sell 'em on eBay, then buy good ones. :-)

-Matt

Silver Member

Post Number: 229
yeah thats the plan I was thinking. LOL
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us