Subwoofer noise at no volume

kickerASS
Unregistered guest
i have a problem. My subwoofer keeps making bass noise at no volume at the head unit, it is sort of clippy. Although when u turn it up it still makes good bass, but i can hear the sub between track changes. The noise is still there when the car is off and louder when on. I am running a Kicker s12L7 dual 2ohm, with a coustic 600se amp (All running at 4ohm). Its Wired up with 4 guage Aeropro power and earth cable, fat speaker cable, Aeropro platnim RCA, Stinger battery and earth connecections. The Power/remote and rca's run down opposite sides of my car, bare metal earth and all the connections are fine. Any Ideas?

Anonymous

does it do it when the car is turned off, or when there isnt a CD playing and the volume is all the way down

Malthose
Unregistered guest
I had a similar problem in my 65 pontiac. I have 3) 12 in linear exursion Audiobahns and they did the same thing. First of all, you DO NOT need 4 gauge wire!, 10 gauge is more than enough for what you got going. Check all of your connections, make sure there not touching any bare metal. But, it seems your probably running to much power to your subs, you dont have to get diff amps, you just have to set the frequency and power on them.

Anonymous

i have seen this in many many diff cars if it dont do it when the car is turned off and the CD player is then it is a ignition problem the only problem is, is that i dont know how to fix it, sorry

Silver Member
Username: Jayj

Post Number: 232
Malthose you sure don't know much do you? You DO NOT run no damn 10 gauge wire to a 600watt amp. I'm sorry but you are an IDIOT. And another thing you got piece of sh!t subs. Kicker YES you got the RIGHT gauge wire don't listen to that Idiot. Glass or Jonathan can help you with that problem more then I can since I have never had that problem.

Anonymous

you could have at least helped answer the question along with your little fit there jayj it is true that with a 600 watt amp you could use more than 10gage but you have to remember that amp isnt going to hit 600 watts you could use 10gage but i wouldnt use any thing smaller

Silver Member
Username: Jayj

Post Number: 234
You are STUPID.... Even if the amp is only putting out 300 watts it STILL needs ATLEAST 8 gauge wire. And the ONLY reason I posted here was because that IDIOT said he didn't need 4 gauge wire and I didn't want to Kicker to end up getting some small @ss 10 gauge wire to make the problem even worse. So until you LEARN something why don't you keep your mouth shut too. Oh and heres a site for both of you idiots to educate yourselves a little about car audio.

www.bcae1.com

Silver Member
Username: Sploosh56

Post Number: 263
KickerASS are you sure that all of your components turn off in the car when it is turned off. Something has to be making interference with something.

kickerASS
Unregistered guest
I figured out the problem, the car alarm was interfeering with it so i ripped it out. thanks for the help
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us