Help me please...

Username: Bing

Post Number: 3
I'm new to this and i'm looking to get my first setup in my car, I have searched around and found three options in my price range

1. Two 12 inch lightning audios and a 450 lightning audio amp and a sealed box

2. Memphis street edge 12 and a memphis 400 watt amp and a ported box

3. 2 12 inch rockford punchs and some kind of amp i've never heard of its called like a blauquagehfhdf or soemthing like that

All of this stuff wil be bought new and it will be going in a 1985 cutlas ciera...Shameful I know but it's what I got. So basicaly what i'm asking is what will be the loudest out of my choices?

Malthose
Unregistered guest
First of all, dont only think "loud"...cuz any system you buy will be loud. You have to think are they gonna blow up the second i crank it? what kinda sound quality?...with those in mind, i would suggest the rockford with the BLAUPUNKT amp, not blaueotyudk...blaupunkt are great!, im serious!...i run a small car audio buisnees and ive been using them for wuite some time. But ya, i would suggest the rockford and blaupunkt setup.

Bronze Member
Username: Grmncrsnbr

VA

Post Number: 95
im not sure about now but i know Blaupunkt was awesome back in the day and of course very big in germany. Now a lot VW enthusiasts buy thre HUs because of color matching. I never really tried their amps but there speakers are pretty good stuff.

Silver Member
Username: Jayj

Post Number: 223
Jeff go for the Rockfords. But find a better amp then whatever that was you said.

Username: Bing

Post Number: 4
I actully found 2 10 inch kicker vr comps and a kicker amp and sealed box for a little cheaper then nay of those I listed so I think i'm going to go with that...thanks for the advice though.

Silver Member

Post Number: 225
YES if you can get them for a good price GO FOR IT. thats the best thing I've heard from this thread yet.lol

Username: Cbigchrisb

Post Number: 6
have any of you all heard memphis subs? i had a pair and they will blow your mind. I would go with the memphis over rockford. they hit harder.

and they have great sq

Silver Member

Post Number: 228
Yeah I have heard them and I didn't really care that much for them. Maybe the guy was underpowering them but I didn't like them.

The guy said he found some kickers compvrs. I think thats his best bet to be honest.

Username: Cbigchrisb

Post Number: 7
jay, i can sort of understand where your coming from. you most likely heard the lowest line of memphis subs, which most of the public buy. i had a pair of those, and their alright for regular drivers. but try and hear the lvs series, the bass is amazing. the get get loud like all the other subs, but the certain deepnest they sort have is incredible.

Silver Member

Post Number: 235
Chris they're most likely part of the lower line. Because the guy that has them thinks Pyle subs are the best made lol. I will have to go look at them one day and see what model they are.

Username: Hx2eaglevision

Borger, Texas United States

Post Number: 4
Have any of you heard of the Orion H2? My friend has one powered by a JBL 1200 watt amp. The sub is in a custom built ported box. His stuff hits harder than my friends 2 JL W6 15s. I dunno, its the best system in my town. If you havent heard of it maybe you should check it out. Oh by the way its a 12.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us