PURE SQ! 12" Brahma VS ID MAX 12"

PureSQ
Unregistered guest
after going through all the recent post my all, i narrowed by choices to a single ID MAX 12 or Brahma 12. i am looking for SQ only. i dont need a hard hitting sub at all, as i never listen at high volumes. i just need amazing quality. i know brahma is recomended for both SQ and SPL but would it be particularly better in SQ than the ID MAX?
all posts welcome, thanks all!

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 647
Subjective, I like the ID Max a little better, but others will say the Brahma. Everyone has their choice. If you want pure SQ, try an Aperiodic enclosure IF you have a trunk and can completely divide (NO air leaking) the front airspace from the rear. Image Dynamics offers premade membranes for AP enclosures, and it ensures flat frequency response since the membrane controls the resonant frequency of the sub.

PureSQ
Unregistered guest
thanks for the reply Jonathan. i never heard of Aperiodic enclosure, what is that ? where and how much can i get it for?
what do you mean by the term dividing the front airspace from the rear? and yeah if it matters, the trunk is of a Galant '96

c$BigChris$b
Unregistered guest
i would suggest id maxx too. your getting getting good spl with that sub too.

Username: Cbigchrisb

Post Number: 1
in fact great spl!

got registered!!

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3647
AP enclosures:

http://www.maximacar.com/aperiodic.htm

PureSQ
Unregistered guest
thats a lot for the info on the Aperiodic enclosure. thanks glasswolf, as far as i learn, for this enclosure you need no air in the trunk and how would i do that ? wouldnt that cost alot to seal a trunk or to divide it as jonathan said ?

thanks

Silver Member

GA USA

Post Number: 654
You need to divide the airspace between the front and rear of the sub, for example, you'd mount the subs on a board in the trunk, totally sealed off on the edges so nothing leaks past it, and the fronts would point towards the cabin and the rears would go out of the car via the trunk. The trunk will leak a little air, so it's a good way to do get rid of the air coming from the rear of the sub. It's not totally getting rid of all the air, it's just making sure that the air from the rear has NO way of mixing with the front, because that interferance would defeat the purpose of the SQ it has to offer.

PureSQ
Unregistered guest
what amp do you think would be the best to run a single 12" ID MAX ? i have a JBL600.1 at the moment would that be any good ? furthermore, i learned from Glasswolf's mentioned link, aperiodic enclosure depends upon Qts of the sub, and for best results it has to be less than 0.35. ID Max is 0.38, whereas the IDQ(which is way cheaper than the ID Max) is 0.25. i dont get this, cheaper is better? does this mean aperiodic enclosure no good for the ID MAX? i fail to understand the difference b/w aperiodic enclosure and infinite baffle thing.

thanks in advance!

Silver Member

GA USA

Post Number: 682
As far as QTS, I read a .45 qts. Info off of http://www.elitecaraudio.com/article.php?sid=18&mode=&order=&thold=&pagenum=2&to talcutoff=3086 Glasswolf can answer that one better than I can, but personally I think it will work. I saw the link and it said the best are lower than .35, but didn't mention if .45 (or .38 for that matter) was bad. According to the link I saw any woofer with a .45 or less qts would be great. The ID max sounds a lot better than the IDQ and hits harder. The difference between aperiodic and infinite baffle is that the membrane controls the movement of the cone, and how much resistive material you use is what tunes the membrane to control both the cone and the sub's resonant frequency. A JL 1000/1 would be a great amp to push an ID Max

PureSQ
Unregistered guest
JL 1000/1 is hell expensive, doesnt go less then $700 even on ebay. you got some cheaper solution? how about crossfire bmf1000d or vr1000d? or hifonics? or any other thing around the same price.
still have to find a person who could hook me up this aperiodic setup.

thanks

PureSQ
Unregistered guest
how about Orion XTR Pro 1000? the amp is refurbished coming for around $280 shipped. Crossfire bmf1000d is coming around $250 used shipped.
and as always if there is a better option for around the same price range, letme know
glasswolf,jonathan, others input please

thanks!

PureSQ
Unregistered guest
how about Orion XTR Pro 1000? the amp is refurbished coming for around $280 shipped. Crossfire bmf1000d is coming around $250 used shipped.
and as always if there is a better option for around the same price range, letme know
glasswolf,jonathan, others input please

thanks!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us