CD Player shuts off when turning volume up or down

Username: Bmxsteve

Lexington, KY

Post Number: 1
Hello,
This evening I attempted to install a new sony cd player in a 99 Toyota Corolla. I bought a harness kit and wired it all up.

The weird thing is, the cd player turns on....but the unit wil start flickering (the lights on the unit)...and if you adjust the volume up or down, the unit will just shut off. Then I turn it back on again, no problems. But if I adjust the volume, bam, it shuts off again.

Does anybody know why this may be happening?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks - Steve

Silver Member
Username: 420pimp2

Post Number: 863
Not to talk a bunch of sh*t but my experiance from sony headunits they are nice to look at but are complete fu*king garbage and you shouldnt buy another.

(Maybe Possible)Check all of your connections make sure there wired tight and hooked up the right way. One time i had a loose ground(black wire)remote(blue wire)acc and hot wire usually red or yellow and vise versa. One of those was loose on my H/U one time and every time i hit a button it would do the same thing.

And to get to you question Sony has always had trouble with there faceplates/head units in general, the one i had always got hot and eventually stopped working all together. I had to more or less use the H/U with out any LED front. All the buttons still worked, just couldnt see wtf i was doing. Take some advice, sonys a great company but not when it comes to there car audio department. Next time go with alpine, or even pioneer. Theres alot of pioneer haters on ecoustics but ive used pioneer all my life and never had any problems what so ever, always great sound quality with no problems.

Sucks i cant figure this out for ya but simple as this , dont buy sony head units or car audio period.

Peace

Silver Member
Username: 420pimp2

Post Number: 864
Also stay away from walmart or bestbuy for car audio. They overprice the garbage they sell. If you want to save a little $ and get any decent car audio equipment come on here and well hook you up with some great websites, And quality suggestions on new or old products. There are alot of members on ecoustics that do this stuff for a living so most of us know our sh*t when it comes to car audio. Were the best hands down

Take it easy
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us