Username: 88retta

Farmtown, Oh

Post Number: 72
I am looking at these brands

Adire audio shivas-125 $ a piece
Kicker L5-129 $ A Piece 2ohm
Cerwin Vega-79.99 $ 4ohm svc
cerwin Vega-119.99 $ 4 ohm dvc

what would be the best sub for those prices ?
I am planning on getting a JBL 600.1

Silver Member
Username: Sploosh56

Post Number: 256
What kind of bass do you want and what kind of music do you listen to?

Bronze Member
Username: 88retta

Farmtown, Oh

Post Number: 75
i listen to mostly rap, if i listen to other stuff with out bass i'll just turn off the amp. So i want deeper bass, i'm not sure what the difference between SQ and SPL is. I've hear the kicker L5 and it had good bass, i liked that alot, but i've never heard any of those other subs.

BigB7894561230
Unregistered guest
Anyone know what i need to buy to use my car subs in my house, with my shelf stereo?

Bronze Member
Username: Grmncrsnbr

VA

Post Number: 59
ok well BigB you need to not post your pointless crap in someone elses threads start your own.

SQ is sound quality and is about accurancy and clean hitting while SPL is volume loud vibrating pounding bas gets garbled though

Bronze Member
Username: Grmncrsnbr

VA

Post Number: 60
ok well BigB you need to not post your pointless crap in someone elses threads start your own.

SQ is sound quality and is about accurancy and clean hitting while SPL is volume loud vibrating pounding bass gets garbled though

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 633
I'd go between the Shivas and the Vega V-maxes. Not a fan of square subs, poor sq. compared to high end round subs. Both are great subs, especially for the price, but in the end I'd probably do the Shivas. They drop really low. I recommend a sealed box as these things are more than capable of getting very loud at subsonic frequencies (below 20 hz), something a ported box can't take the advantage of.

Silver Member
Username: Jayj

Post Number: 192
I would go for the Cerwin Vega V-Maxxes. They will last a LONG time and they sound awesome.

Silver Member
Username: Sploosh56

Post Number: 261
Yea I'd go with the Cerwin Vega's also. Same reasons as the others.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us