Brahama 12 or 13w7?

Anonymous

wich is the best?i need a loud hard hitting system fast.

Username: Kickercomp

Tampa, FL USA

Post Number: 5
13w7 is louder and i think it has better SQ! more expensive though

like it
Unregistered guest
about 2 times the price of the brahma

Tampa, FL USA

Post Number: 6
yea but much better everything, SPL and SQ

...hey if u got the money spend it

t568744
Unregistered guest
Anyone know if i can put car subs in my house?

t568744
Unregistered guest
Anyone know if i can put car subs in my house?

Bronze Member
Username: Grmncrsnbr

VA

Post Number: 58
yes you can speakers are speakers they just need to be amped which is what your reciever does

Tampa, FL USA

Post Number: 7
yes u can if u can match up the ohms on the speaker with the ohms on the stereo amplifier. it has nothing to do with if a speaker was made for a car or a house if the impedence matches up ur ok

b$BigChris$c
Unregistered guest
13w7 beats out brahma twelve in sq and spl, but with experience with both subs in my car, brahma 15 with hit harder than the 13w7. sq, kinda equal, but once again i think the 15 will sound better if sealed. sounds a bit deeper to me. for a little extra money, i would go with 2 15s cause their about as much as one 13w7, and you'll be hitting alot harder. their already pretty loud so no need to go ported.

Anonymous

I had a 15" Brahma amped with the JBL 1200.1 in the back of my Ford Bronco in a custom 2 cubic foot box. It sounded fantastic! I had to sell the Bronco, though. Anyone wanna by the Brahma and the JBL 1200.1?

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 634
I wouldn't say the 13W7 is much better than the Brahma. I find the Brahma to be the SQ winner in the issue, JL's just sound more boomy, and while the 13W7 will hit harder than the Brahma 12, the Brahma 15 will hit harder than the 13W7 and need less power to do it.

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 775
2 words:

brahma extreme :-)

Silver Member

GA USA

Post Number: 638
Amen to that. haha

b$BigChris$c
Unregistered guest
i was thinking of getting rid of my 2 15s and getting the one extreme, but dont if the sq is good enough to be a daily driver. how do guys think it will sound sealed? is it hitting hard enough for the money?

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 776
oh god it has more linear excursion than a 13w7 and it has alot more surface area (Sd) AND its cheaper - so in my eyes its a better buy

and its got the name brahma so you shouldnt expect anything less than incredible SQ

in a sealed, yes i think it will absolutely blow you mind with the SQ and SPL

Anonymous

where can i get the extremes and what kind of amp would i need?

Tampa, FL USA

Post Number: 10
what size is the extreme you r talkin about??

im tired of every one comparing the 13w7 and say a 15inch brahma and saying the brahma is equal in spl and sq. DONT U GET IT?? THATS PATHETIC A 15 INCH SUB IS EQUAL TO A 13, imagine if there was a 15w7 then it would be better than any 15. same as if they had a 18w7 it would be way better than the re x.x.x 18. everyone is comparing bigger subs to smaller subs, apples and oranges, come on the 15 should be louder not equal if its equal to a smaller sub its obviously not as good. so everytime you say ....oh my 18 solo x or 18re x.x.x. is better than the 13 w7 ur a dumba$$ , cause if they had the same size sub ud look like an idiot.
think about it thats like me (i actually have a 13w7, im not defending it cause im a poser and must stick up for any sub that can be abreviated by 2 letters)saying my 13w7 can beet ur 10 inch brahma... of course beacause its obviously bigger.
..wow i feel better now.

c$BigChris$b
Unregistered guest
your a a$$hole! jls dont come in 15 inches. we compare the 13w7 and the brahma 15 because thats the closest were getting to 15 inches. besides, its both of their top of the subs! the guy who started this thread compared jls top of the line sub to the 12, so we said, HEY lets compare the top of the line brahma! besides, for almost a thousand it SHOULD be the best and beat any sub any size. otherwise, they can bring the price on down to the others. and no, f*ck all the people who worship their jl like its the best, i had both and i REALLY consider the 12 or 15 to be better. jls sq is no better than anyone elses(sure as hell cant beat the id maxx, WHICH IS A 12!!!), and its doesnt boast incredable spl levels. besides, size doesnt mean everything. 13 is no far from 15 and the 13w7 is a huge sub. sh*t, the id maxx in my opinion beats out some of the top 15s to me. so u can stfu!! and jloesnt compare to the extreme. just face it, your sub is not the best on the planet. your late a$$hole, everyones done spending all their money on jl. their are new names out there. if you still think your better, you can bring your system anyday.

i assume from your name you might have owned kickers. glad u got rid of those ugly a$$ square subs!!

Silver Member

GA USA

Post Number: 649
We're saying the Brahma 15 is more SPL than the 13W7, not equal. If JL had an 18, it'd be the same SPL as the RE X.X.X. series since X-max of RE's subs is EQUAL to the 13W7, plus more surface area, at least the RE subs carry on that X-max with their 10's and 12's, meaning a X.X.X. 10 will hit harder than a 10W7, same with the twelve, if the X.X.X's came in a 13 SPL would be equal. JL didn't put the effort into the 10W7's and 12W7's like they did the 13. JL W7's are great subs, but they don't make other subwoofers obselete, either. Sound Quality of the W7 can be and is beaten by other subs, sorry to break it to you. You don't see JL 13W7's in the top SPL competitions, there's a reason for that.

Bronze Member

Tampa, FL USA

Post Number: 11
i know it the closest thing but why even say it, of course the 15 is gonna be louder, and i know they dont make a 15 or 18w7 it was an example.
and i still have my 2 10inch comp vrs each in their own 1.91 slot ported box, they hit 140dB, not bad for 2 10s, i wouldnt get the square subs unless it was the solo x for spl comps.
wait wait wait... if my name is kiker comp...then how do i have square subs?? last time i checked the comps and comp vrs were round!

Username: Cbigchrisb

Post Number: 4
oh...i forgot...u got me

vrs are not that bad either

Bronze Member

Tampa, FL USA

Post Number: 12
i know im supreised comp vrs can hit 140dB, i know its cause the boxes they are in, think about it each 10 has its own 1.91cuft ported box, thats huge for a 10", but kickers love lots of air space! i cant wait to put in my w7 im about to get the 1000/1 and it should reach the high 140s low 150s!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us