I wanna hook up Some car subs in my house, Please Help

Tommy55228
Unregistered guest
Dear Your guys (or gals)
I'm a newbie with this stuff, and i want to know how easy is it to hook up car subs in a room in my house? And would i be able to hook them up to my home stereo? Basiically i want the same kind of bass in my house, as i do in my car.

Sincerely Thompson

Silver Member
Username: Bdb_86

Bemidji, MN Usa

Post Number: 164
well for one, most home stereo's are 8 ohm setups were your car subs are 4 ohm so what you could do is get 4 of these speakers wire two of them in siries and same with the other two then hook one set to one channel on the amp and the other 2 speakers on the other channel of the amp and there you go you can do this with an ordenary home stereo amplifire as long as you have enough power

OR

some home amps are 4 ohm staple if you have a decent home stereo amp try reading the manual or on the back of the amp to see if it is 4ohm stable if it is then dont worrie about haveing 4 subs just hook them up normaly

NOTE: If the speakers you have are SUBS and not just woofers then you well need to perchuse a 60hrz choke witch you can find at your local stereo shop

if you are still interested let me know and i well explain on how to set up your tweeters
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us