Advise Please - Boston F5s with kicker amp?

Username: Jtb

Post Number: 9
I have four Boston FX5 2-way speakers. They are each 100 rms. This might seem like an obvious question, but it would be ok to run a kicker kx350.4 with them correct? I just want to clarify this before I buy the amp.

Thanks!!

Bronze Member
Username: Mattl

Bolingbrook, Illinois USA

Post Number: 71
For one thing, those FX5s are 100W peak, which is more like 25W RMS. For another, that Kicker is 60Wx4.

That being said, you might be OK, but I would look around more to see who's powering those with what... their sketchy "12W - 100W" rating is kinda BS, if you ask me.

-Matt

JeremyC
Unregistered guest
As an installer that loves Boston products, I can tell you that you won't have a problem with that set up. I have dealt with kicker and Boston for years, and as long as you set your gains and crossover properly you will not have any serious problems. As for the rating being sketch the Boston pro 12.5 is rated at 50 to 1200 watts. I have heard that sub hooked up to everything from a 60 by 2 amp bridged at 2 ohms = 380 watts, to a 1000 watt jl amp, and I have been surprised every time. The fact is Boston makes speakers that are very efficient.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us