Hatch boxes

Bronze Member
Username: Grmncrsnbr

VA

Post Number: 50
is there a reason why most pre fab boxes have the sub in the angled side of the box? do they want you to put it up against the seat?

Im planning on building my own double angle boxes for my hatchback. would this be better so that the subs arent pointed right back at my hatch?

Username: Batman4279

Post Number: 2
I've always found that it is better to have the woofers firing towards the rear of the vehicle. Allows you to hear the bass through it's entire wave. Remember the human ear can't perceive direction on bass, so you are better off giving them the most room possible.

Bronze Member
Username: Grmncrsnbr

VA

Post Number: 53
Yeah I understand all that but I was basically thinking about just a slight angle of the sub in order to keep if from firing right at the back but I guess it really shouldnt matter too much. I was just wondering about the pre fab boxes though. They look like they are made to be pushed up against the seat which seems a little messed up to me is there a reaon why they do that? I plan on my making mine point into the trunk.

Username: Batman4279

Post Number: 3
Yeah, truthfully I'm not sure about why they are made that way, I also have an angled Kicker Stillwater enclosure, and have wondered about that. My best guess is that you would probably be right.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us