What kinda sub 2 get

Bronze Member
Username: Jaymoung

Saginaw, Mi

Post Number: 16
I have a 84 camaro trying to pick a nice set up my boy think his 95 bonniville go hit harder den mine he getting 2 mojo or something idk but I wanna a nice loud but clear set up I plan on get a yellow top or a kinitik battery I have a poineer deh-p6600 I already have I'm putting in there in the morning and I have a soundstream 700 mono amp 320x1 @ 4 520x1 @ 2 700x1 @1 I'm using these amp don't wanna upgrade but ill will if I have 2 I just need help on subs I wanna get some true power nuthin overrated and super expensive I wanna do some 350rms dvc subs and keep dem pretty cheap and the box is go be ported I'm ording it only google subwoofer box 84 camaro should be the first thing you see my budget its not 2 cheap but not high either since the battery and box go cost me about 3 4 I want 2 spend about between 100 250 per sub that's if I don't have 2 upgrade amp or I mite go with a single 12 sub 700 rms what you think I should do or get

Silver Member
Username: Domenico

BanginGMCArizona

Post Number: 762
okay first.. if the box isnt made for the sub you are using its a huge waste of money and isnt going to sound good at all. so get that out of your head now. 700 wrms amp.. a 15'' Alpine Type R would be okay on that. 700 wrms isnt alot to work with.

Bronze Member
Username: Jaymoung

Saginaw, Mi

Post Number: 17
Well I was go match the sub with the box and if I got a 15 I'd have 2 pay 2 get that build and don't wanna pay dukes 250 350 for a box and how much is the type r could I find a re audio or other brands with in my price range

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Box Designer & Builder...Dustin

Post Number: 5315
never buy pre-fab PORTED enclosures. And you don't match the subs with the box, you get the subs you would want, and then build a custom enclosure specifically made for the subs.. i don't know who is charging you 250 for a box but whoever it is that is a horrible price. The enclosure is THE most important part of a car audio system.

Silver Member
Username: Domenico

BanginGMCArizona

Post Number: 763
http://cgi.ebay.com/Alpine-TYPE-R-SWR-1522D-15-Dual-2-Ohm-SUB-woofer-NEW_W0QQite mZ200436507760QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCar_Subwoofers_Enclosures?hash=item2eaaf26470 Heres a link for a 15inch Type R BRAND NEW in the box for 189 shipped.

Silver Member
Username: Simple_smith

Lapeer, Michigan United States

Post Number: 236
Yeah duke's will phuck you in the azz on box prices

I could build you a box and it would be way cheaper and sound just as good as a box from duke's.

I live in Lapeer, so it wouldn't be too much of a drive for you.

email me at csmith41(at)live(dot)com if you're interested

Bronze Member
Username: Imagedynamics214

Dallas, Tx

Post Number: 20
better listen to them saginaw. what part of "sag nasty" you from?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us