Running amp to speakers question?

Gold Member
Username: Cplaya280

Pennsylvania USA

Post Number: 1011
I currently have 6.5 Alpine type R's in my front doors (Not the component set) Well I just ordered the kicker zx250.2 and im plannin on running that amp to those speakers, Will I notice a huge difference from it playing off the HU even tho its not the whole component set its just amp to speakers. I would get component set eventully but currently don't have the money right now so just wondering if im just wasting my time running my speakers this way or will there actully be a huge difference since right now i can barly hear the lyrics over my bass which i have is the 15" Audiopulse Revo and AQ2200D in a 32hz box?

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 239
Having a component set up will give you better highs but having an amp on your speakers will give you more output yes. The amp should be feeding much more rms to those speakers but most importantly you are going to now have more control over your sound with filters. If you need your high to be much louder, set your amps high pass filter between 80 - say 100 Hz depending on your preference and you'll have plenty of highs. You can then set your gain to match the output of your sub so neither will be over powering one another.

Silver Member
Username: Domenico

BanginGMCArizona

Post Number: 746
headunits give out like 18-50 rms..

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10950
I'd like to see a HU the does a real 50w rms x4... I have never seen more than 25
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us