Time alignment help

Username: D2freak82

Post Number: 9
this is iffy where it should go, but mostly time alignment is based off the deck, so I'll post it here

Alright this is a bit of a tough question, but what I'm trying to find out is how important time alignment is for different areas of the system (tweeters/woofers/coaxials/sub so on), and then with my setup how to make use of it.

Alright, I'm running

Orion HCCA 15D2 Competition Series(made 2001ish)
Power Acoustik BAMF 1600/4 (x2)
Power Acoustik BAMF 5500D
Gonzo 6.5" Components (x2)
Gonzo 6.5" Coaxials
Eclipse 7200 MkII

My deck has some pretty fancy features, I'm trying to figure out how to keep the time alignment like I say, should I just use alignment on the tweeters, for a 4 speaker alignment, or change to the 3way component mode, get alignment for 3 outta 4 on each side (2 tweeters, 1 woofer)

Not really sure if I should worry about the coaxials at all on the time alignment or not (in rear deck for fill), also kinda iffy to put the second set of components up front which would eliminate the second 4 channel amp, no idea if I'm going to need it yet, still getting everything put together so I haven't heard if I need the 2nd set or not.
I'm running F-mods off the deck, and bi-amping the components (no passive cross-over either, well..... kinda lol)
Also thought about running both sets of components on same amp, but then gonna have to play guessing game in between the two speakers for where center is for alignment I think I have plenty of power to pull this off
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us