Sub and Box build ($$)

Username: Kronikally420

Cave City, AR USA

Post Number: 1
Hello all.
I am new to the boards..
I was looking to build a system..on somewhat of a budget...

Looking to spend about 200-350 on sub(s)
and 200-300 on an amp..

I have a 1993 accord 4 dr

I was thinking of RE SE 12" (maybe x2 for the extra wiring configurations)
I listen to southern rap, but I want SPL and low notes as well...

I am pretty much set on the speaker I am open to advice however...

I need help/pointers/ why/why nots on amps, and WHO to build a box for me for these speakers specifically?? I have done so much readong on car audio in general, and from what I have read, getting a box built for your speaker dimensions makes ALL the difference! :-)

Recap:

RE SE 12" (600 thermal and 1000w max) (x2 maybe)
amp? kicker zx1000.1? jbl1200.1?
Anyone that would build me a box? I can get the dimensions, but I don't know if anyone makes boxes on this site.?

One last thing: Would I be better off getting 2 RE SE 12" (1000 watt max) for 300$, or getting 1 RE SX 12" (2000 watt max) for 300$?
I would think the 2 speakers for wiring configurations...Which I still get confused with the different OHM of speaker and DVC/quad ect

The RE SE 12" is 4 ohm DVC 600 RMS 1000 max

Thanks alot for your help...I like a system that can play most things but still hit and hold a good low note! :-)

I want a ported box but I dont know what needs to be done in order to assure you dont damage your speakers from going too low...So if someone is interested in building a box let me know, it will be for the trunk...And after I get some feedback on the 1 or 2 speaker, I'll know whether I want a single or dual box, thanks alot

Cave City, AR USA

Post Number: 2
leaning toward a hifonics amp BXi2010D for 2 or BXi1610D for 1 or a jbl 1200.1

Silver Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 242
http://www.sundownaudio.com/index.php/products/amplifiers/saz-2000d.html if you can find it used or referb

http://www.audioque.com/aq/?page_id=28 AQ2200D $389 each
shipped

ask for bassman3 or connan for a box they both do great work.

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 228
The RE SE subs are a great choice. I would go with 2 of the 600 rms woofers and for a good amp for a nice price go with the AQ1200D amp. Those would match up nicely. And I would also recommend Bassman3 (aka Dustin) on this forum to build you a box. Tell him how much space you have and exactly what you are looking for and he can definately help you out. His prices are very fair too.

Silver Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 243
unless you add all the options its gets a little expensive, but way worth it. but the options he charges for are 98% for the stuff he has to order. shipping sux tho. check out the build thread my me and the other guys box's.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 152.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 15928
2 SE will sound louder & better than a single SX but that is if u have the proper space for 2 subs ....

Cave City, AR USA

Post Number: 3
would there be an amp a bit cheaper but still push power to em? Don't care if im not maxin out I dont wanna underpower...

maybe an amp option for 1 RE SE 12" dvc 4ohm
and an amp for """"" x2
as soon as i figure out how much its gonna cost to power 1 or 2 then i can pay bassman3 or connan to make a box if they would be so kind

Cave City, AR USA

Post Number: 4
sorry for the last post...the AQ1200d looks nice

I have my trunk...which is enough room to have a nice box...i will have the dimensions and the recommended dimensions for the speakers before I bother wasting his time. (dustin? basssman3)

not sure what you mean by options, but If it is a ported box I just need the device that keeps my sub from hitting too low of a note (iirc) so it doesnt blow...

I'm not the type to be blowing speakers anyway but...

Say I get 2 RE SE 12"s and an AQ1200D amp.. Seem's to be affordable...

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Box Designer & Builder...Dustin

Post Number: 5305
That would be a very nice set-up... what they mean by option on my enclosures is just little things like what you wanted routed etc. Does not add up to be very much. As long as you set your gain correctly on the amp you will not have any issues with blowing your speakers. If your interested in a quote shoot me an email. It's in my profile

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Box Designer & Builder...Dustin

Post Number: 5306
Justin, the PM's system sucks on this forum. Send me an email. DLaudiotech@gmail.com

Silver Member
Username: Simple_smith

Lapeer, Michigan United States

Post Number: 222
2 RE SE 12's and an Audioque 1200d would be nice

I believe somone on here was selling two Alpine type R 12s and a box i can't remember who though

Silver Member
Username: Domenico

BanginGMCArizona

Post Number: 728
^^ im sellin' the (12'') type r's.

Silver Member
Username: Domenico

BanginGMCArizona

Post Number: 729
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/613880.html - Heres the link for the type r's, theres a video&pictures.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us