Brahma Extreme!!! Take A LOOK!!!

CB
Unregistered guest
i was considering getting the brahma 15 which i know will give me plenty of sq and spl, but if the brahma extreme can pull off the same sq, i was considering getting it. i know this probably is a mostly spl orientated sub, and i know that at high spl levels, sq is out the window, but will it still sound good at low power(sometimes im really gonna crank it up)? another thing, i know that x-max equals spl and the extreme has a 32 mm x-max and so does the 13w7. which would be louder? i read the brahma 15 owners manual and they stated that once you reached your x-max, you dont gain more spl but slam the suspension and so on. the w7 handles 1000 watts RMS while the extreme handles 3200 watts RMS. is that just wasted power? also how does it compare to other spl monsters like solo x or X X Xs? anyone heard this sub and has a picture?

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 595
It's actually 34mm, and has more surface area than the 13W7. It's mainly optimized for SPL, and the regular Brahma has better SQ. Like other Adire Products, that 3200W rating is thermal and you probably won't need but half or less of that power to reach mechanical x-max, depending on the box design. More SPL than the X.X.X, Solo X is an 18" and will put out more. I'd take a Brahma Extreme before looking at the Solo X myself. A great SQ/SPL woofer that I recently heard was the Crystal CMPx2. Wicked SPL with stunningly good sound quality. Eclipse Titanium Pros are nice, too.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us