System options??

Gold Member
Username: Crayola0

Portage, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2606
my friend just got a eg hatch and wants a bangin system. the budget is $1200 max for everything but the deck. He is shooting for sql. I will be building the box so opinions would help as well. sub up port up, sub back port back, sub up port back?. I havnt had time to measure it but im thinkin there is room for 2 15's possibly but im not sure.

Silver Member
Username: Domenico

BanginGMCArizona

Post Number: 689
What kind of Alt and batt does he have? Amount of power hes wanting to run?

Gold Member

Portage, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2607
well he already ordered a 220 amp alt and is putting in a optima yellow top under the hood and doin the big 3. so how ever much power he can run. so pretty much 1200 for the subs and amp

Silver Member

BanginGMCArizona

Post Number: 694
Make sure he gets the big yellow top.

AQ1200.
PDX1000 birthsheet is like 1300 rms(works great with impendence rise)

1200 for 2 15s is kind of hard, most good 15s like 1200+ for each driver

2 12's would work better.

Gold Member

Portage, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2608
well i was thinking an aq2200d and that still gives him like 800 for drivers

Gold Member

Portage, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2609
but if there is room for 2 15's i was thinkin either the hdc3's or some bl's but idk what other subs are out there i havnt really been keepin up

Silver Member

BanginGMCArizona

Post Number: 700
oh im sorry i thought you ment rms when you said that leaves 1200 for sub and amp lol

i own a aq2200, its pretty nice im also plannning on buying 2 15'' HDC3 lol so you know im 100 percent with that system BUT 2 aq2200 for each HDC3 is the ideal thing. Could get high 140dBs(so i heard)

Gold Member

Portage, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2610
well ive been lookin around and it seems like 2 12's will be better. im thinkin the aq2200d cause u cant beat it for the price. so what woofers would work the best for about 800 bucks

Silver Member

BanginGMCArizona

Post Number: 703
Alpine Type X is pretty nice, and you can get two of them brand new in the box for 550-600 on ebay, that would save him money for some good wiring, batt, etc

FI Qs are nice, but that might be on the sq side more of sql

Gold Member

Portage, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2611
well ive been thinkin that 2 12" Bls on the aq2200d would be bangin and have good sql so im just gunna recommend that to him but for the box design should i have subs up port up, subs back port back or subs up port back. and this is in an eg hatch.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us