AQ HDC310 and AQ1200D

Bronze Member
Username: Djrob_1

Post Number: 41
I have a 2000 Tacoma Extendend cab and want to put a single 10 in it. I have a family of three and still want to use one of my back seats. Plus im sure there will be stuff sitting on top of the box at one time or another.
So my question... Any suggestions on a design for my box so the top is flat and the sub sounds good. Should I point it straight down or should I point it towards my seat? I am new to box building in trucks. Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Domenico

BanginGMCArizona

Post Number: 642
Sub and port firing up
Theres a few people on here that will make a design for you.. they also can build you a box.

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10930
Pointing it toward the seat will work just fine. In that tight a space i'd highly advise you put a grille on it.

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10931
Nice choice of equipment btw

Bronze Member
Username: Djrob_1

Post Number: 42
thanks for the advise a grill will be smart. I would point it up but like i said there will be times when stuff gets piled on top of it. I was advised by someone else to point the sub forward and point the port towards the back. Any idea y and if that would help? Also has anyone tried the audioque components? I was thinking about getting some.

Silver Member
Username: Domenico

BanginGMCArizona

Post Number: 649
I heard good things about the AQ comps, never heard them though. You can go to the AQ site and click on the forum and read up on em.

Some people say with the port facing back in an ext cab it will sound louder, but thats not in every situation. I like everything facing upward.

What you should do is get the box made and position it the way you like it.. we cant tell you what YOUR ears will like.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us