Username: Domenico

BanginGMCArizona

Post Number: 638
^^^ hahah

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 21976
Long ago this place wouldn't go a minute without another post. Today you can see hours or more between them.

It was a bit more colorful back then. A MUCH different crowd. Same drama but different participants.

Most of the regs are long gone. Not gonna start a list.

Too depressing.

I could probably name 20 members I'd like to see back though.

Bronze Member
Username: Excursion

Post Number: 54
some of the old people have got out car audio. most of the others just no longer come onto ecoustics. too many drama queens here.

this was the first car audio forum i joined ( this is my third acct. here. ). now i just drop in like once a week to make fun of the dumba$$s and leave.

Silver Member
Username: Woofers4life

Lexington, Tennessee

Post Number: 170
well it is kinda boring but hey the fourm still serves its purpose. people come to get info and we deliver be it a little slower than back then but it is delivered none the less.

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 2074
It was a much better forum a few years back, at least the traffic made it more interesting for sure :-(
It was nice to visit a forum and learn something but all the knowledgable members left, or rarely visit.

Gold Member
Username: Crayola0

Portage, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2604
i remember when lil rob and muddy and drivingreckless were here those were the good ol days

Gold Member
Username: Mendonmafia

USA

Post Number: 1910
This was my first forum and it was the only forum i needed until it started going down hill and once i began to sell things i joined ca.com

hell ive been here for nearly 4 years and i can name some great guys who just dont come around anymore. hard to beleive ive been around almost as long as you paul i feel like a veteran lol.

Im sort of an on-off member myself but thats because i usually only hit up the forums when im interested in upgrading, selling, or need help with somthing. I usually try to help as much as i can when im around usually the newbs but i simply just dont have time to scour the forums all the time like i used to.

Still some darn good guys on here and no offence to anyone the best, most helpful and knowledgable members are just not around anymore. I find myself usinge bace1 when i need some real knowledge and other than that i think i knoe everything ill ever need unless i get into all out spl setups which will never happen because i dont really see the purpose.

Gold Member
Username: Basebalz13

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 2016
i miss chad :-(

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21979
True dat Mark. We've been around just as long.. I miss many members past and those who know me know who I miss. It's been a fun forum and one we don't wanna see dissolve.

I miss many members, those of which you new guys have no clue of. And that's what it should be. We all evolve and move on.

But Goddamn the memories!!!!!

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Phnom PenhCambodia

Post Number: 4809
Sh!t I miss ecoustics chatroom. Those were the good ole days! Sadly it slowly died last year.

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Portland, OR USA

Post Number: 4362
This was the first forum I joined as well. It was near the end of the good ol' days. Glass, berny, I think jonathan.....and lots more that I can't even remember anymore. Hell, even I fell off. I just started posting again after about a year hiatus.

Username: A_lopez

Denver, Colorado Usa

Post Number: 7
i been reading every day this forum and i been learning a lot thanks to you guys now i know many tricks just for you guys cos i was one of those who was saying boss was the best and now i know those are entry level, but i don't post cos when i ask the answer i get is [garbage] but most of times i never got answer back but every day i'm checking just to learn but any way thanks guys i will like to post pics to show what i been learning but always i post pisc i fail

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21981
Not even as long ago as those Nfinite.

Remember:

Logan
Driving
Polo
Pelon
Chancey
Charlie
Gavin
Wolfman
LiLRob (Zpeedy)
Zac
Goodie
Longo
Muddy
Blanford
Mark Highland

And so many more that made this place......interesting.

DAMN IT I SAID I WASN'T GOING TO START A LIST. Lol.

Guess I fucked up.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21982
^^^They made this place FUN.

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

COD4 Addict

Post Number: 3037
gotta miss the Doktah

Trevor Eaton had quite a setup going as well

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 4272
I miss stayin up 'til 3am in eChat :-(

Username: A_lopez

Denver, Colorado Usa

Post Number: 8
{617226,Uploa{617227,Upload}
{617228,Upload}
any opinions?

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Portland, OR USA

Post Number: 4367
Everybody started hating on Chauncey for stupid sh!t. I never did and I kept talking to him for a quite a bit after he left the forum.

Longo, Zac, and Polo are all people that I learned from. Polo was one funny @ss dude. Remember his stalker pics? LOL

Gold Member

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 4274
lol his fatass neighbor.

Gold Member
Username: Wolf_hound

Phoenix, AZ

Post Number: 1133
i miss chat too sometimes i cry myself to sleep:-(

Gold Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 2344
Holy nostalgia thread.

Sup dudes! I still come by here, but often don't find anything to post about so I just leave. I lurk CA more than I do here for sure, they actually have traffic and members, lol.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5550
This place withered away because of:

Stupid kids that think they know something and refuse to listen and end up buying what the wanted to in the first place, despite solid help from multiple people.

Argumentative and confronting posts and threads. Although these can be very fun, they tend to push out the regulars after it goes on unchecked over a long period of time.

Lack of any kind of moderation whatsoever.

Battles between the Sat forum and seemingly everyone else, and the kiss ass motives and tactics they use to (try to) eliminate their detractors.

Pointless threads, and multiple threads about the same, pointless subject. Or people that make one thread, get great and smart answers, then start another (or three) threads asking again about the same thing.

Noobs answering noobs. It is continuously amusing and annoying to me witnessing the point of time when someone new to car audio (after very recently asking moronic questions about the same topics himself) decides that he is now ready to help everyone, and jumps into almost every thread.

Lack of support and involvement in the Off Topic section. Anyone who has been around or created a forum like this, knows that it will not last if most talk is about the main subject at hand. There needs to always be general discussion areas where people can talk about subjects not pertaining to any one topic. It not only brings back people that may be bored of the main subject and need something else to discuss, but it brings new members onboard that could prove to be worthy additions to the core of the forum.

Having said all that, I haven't left.... and I have probably helped as many people here (on all kinds of different topics) as anyone else has. I am very busy, but I try to come here and help with questions I think are worthwhile. I am not saying this in any way to toot my own horn -- I don't need that at all -- I am just saying that there is still at least a couple dozen people here who know what they are doing from experience, and try to help as much as they can.

It is what it is...

Gold Member

Phoenix, AZ

Post Number: 1134
wtf BRAD get on f*cking aim right f*ckin now we need a good chat going on again:-(

Gold Member
Username: Rideredder

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 1759
I still come here every day. I just don't post much because I don't have that much to say. I can't keep up with all these new companies. I've been here since '03. Didn't sign up until '05.

I'm just glad that someone on here remembers me even though I'm at the bottom of the list. Thanks Paul.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21985
Yeah well like Chad, once you start a list it's like pandora's box lol. Those you list feel honored yet those you forget feel betrayed. I didn't want to list anyone for that reason but I wanted to throw a few out there.

If I sat down and did some homework I bet I could list 100 peeps easy. This isn't my first account either and over the years you cross a lot of paths, taking something from every one of them.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 152.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 15916
this was the very 1st car audio forum i joined - learnt alot here & still learning too

what makes less traffic here IMO :

ppl have moved on from car audio , spend less time on the internet & more on other important things like gf\wife , new job , other hobbies etc

lost of interest to come on a forum & time is now spent on out of the house activities instead

not changing their set often - lets face it , if u build a very good set & if ur normal u wud keep it for at least a yr so no need to go on a forum often

bored of same ol questions\threads - well there are newbs to car audio every single day so u cant ignore them since u were a newb at 1 point in time & asking for help too

ppl go to other forums for a change , there are ALOT more ca sites now than there was a few yrs ago so the members are spread more thinly all over

i doubt anybody really leaves a forum due to quarrel with another user since that happens in any forum u go & u shud not take it seriously

as long as im in ca & not too busy i will still be on here since this was my 1st ca home & im still enjoying my stay even after nearly 5yrs ......

Gold Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 2345
I MISS YOU GUYSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

and yes I am out of the game right now. I will be re-entering for my new ride soon. This spring probably

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 3418
I think it's time for chat to try and come back also.

Gold Member
Username: J_baby15

United States

Post Number: 2194
I still check the place out some...just don't post. Never anything to really post about, and most the people i knew on here are gone... completely different from a year or so back.
BTW, what happened to Chad?

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10932

quote:

not changing their set often - lets face it , if u build a very good set & if ur normal u wud keep it for at least a yr so no need to go on a forum often

This is why i'm not on here as much as I used to be but i still try to come on here and help ppl out.

Gold Member

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 4275
We had an eChat going last night.

Silver Member
Username: Cdb004

I got 6 12s 153.1 daily

Post Number: 139
Guys missing other guys hmmm.

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Box Designer & Builder...Dustin

Post Number: 5291
Good times fellas. Good to know that some of the older members are still here and keeping their interest in car audio :-) It's been fun guys

Gold Member

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 1760
Hell, I still have the same system I had three years ago. Not that I don't want to try something different, I just don't have the funds to buy anything new. I don't even have the money to buy an amp to power the subs I have now.

For anyone that remember when Chad sold his RL-s's, I was one of the people that bought one. I haven't even used it yet. I'm planning on using it for HT because I can't fit a big enough box for it in my car. But also a plate amp that can push it costs almost just as much as a car amp.

Anyways, I see Chauncey and Polo on CA all the time. Don't know why Polo left, but I understand why Chauncey did.

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Box Designer & Builder...Dustin

Post Number: 5292
whats chancey's name on there?

Gold Member

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 1761
I can't think of it at the moment, but CA seems to be down right now. I think it's something like ChaunB### (#=some numbers I'm not sure of). His avatar is of what looks like a homeless black guy.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13263
This place will eventually pick back up with new members.

Silver Member

BanginGMCArizona

Post Number: 651
Hope so, this was my first forum i joined, but these ads have to go lol its a must!! AND they should put pics next to our name.. more smileys!!! AND SIGNATURES!

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4192
I'm gonna buy this website one day when I can afford it, add mods, stickies, actually listen to member feedback...

...that'd be the day...

...how much you think this site is worth anyway?

Silver Member

BanginGMCArizona

Post Number: 654
at the rate its going now... 1USD

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4193
Can't just judge it by how many regular posting members we have though. With all the major ads on here, this place has to be getting it's fair share of hits.

Platinum Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Northern VA

Post Number: 11794
I miss the old days :-(

E chat was the best :-( Chad would come in and we'd make fun of him cause he never would come in but for like 5 minutes. Then Berny would tell us about his security job and take videos of himself eating the Yellow mans food at work. We'd have one random person come in every so often to talk audio in the E chat and we'd all be confused cause we don't talk audio in there but we'd help him out and to be honest, he'd get the best help in there lol. We'd make fun of the bean and black power Phil. I'm forgetting a lot of stuff :-(

I, myself, don't even post that much anymore. Paul and I used to wh0re this place up with BIggs and Logan. Oh to live in the glory days.

Gold Member

Phnom PenhCambodia

Post Number: 4810
^^ LOL

Every so often someone would randomly get kicked out of E chat and we would say they pulled a Chad Lee LOL.

Gold Member

Phoenix, AZ

Post Number: 1138
lol good old days:-(

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5552

quote:

...how much you think this site is worth anyway?

Website Worth: $153,759.90

Daily Pageviews: 70,210

Daily Ads Revenue: $210.63

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4199
Thanks Brad. Where'd you get that info anyway? Haxd it I bet.

Seriously though, that comes out to $76,879.95 per year in revenue. So at that rate, it'd take a couple years to start making a profit. But if a buyer was interested in putting in the work, and improving the site in the ways I mentioned and then some, I think that revenue could go up significantly.

I don't have that kind of scratch to throw around. But maybe buying a website that you think you can improve is a better idea than I realized!

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5553
Oh, it is making a profit now Ehren. A site like this with this many pageviews would cost (ballpark) $2000 a month for server bandwidth. I am guessing the Admin makes nothing, or very little, which, ironically, pretty much equals his production here.

Almost all of that Daily Ad Revenue is from CPC (Cost Per Click) because (and again I am guessing) very few people actually buy anything after visiting the ad sites. If they were smart about this website, they would read the posts and determine where visitors are most likely to buy something after clicking -- like Woofers Etc, Audioque, Sonic Electronix, Parts Express, Fi, etc.

If they would maximize the "buy after click" numbers by optimizing them to the way visitors that use this site purchase items, that Daily Ad Revenue number could easily be tripled. For instance, let's say they put a well-placed ad for Sonic Electronix somethere on here. Every time someone would click that ad, Ecoustics receives whatever CPC amount they signed up for. But... and this is huge... if those people were to actually buy items while still on the page they clicked on, Ecoustics would also receive a % of the sale.

When I founded Peachy Forum with a partner in late 2004, we started using a (then new) website referral program that was very lucrative once it started rolling. The way it worked was: Ads for adult websites are placed on the pages. Let's say one was for Dream Kelly. If the visitor clicked on the Dream Kelly ad and decided to join her site for $29.95 a month, we would receive a good portion of that revenue, in some cases 50%. I sold my half of that website in 2007 because I became too busy to tend to the site the way I felt it needed for me to be comfortable with the day-to-day cashflow and operations. In other words, if I couldn't be there every day and monitor what was happening, I couldn't trust that to anyone else.

Peachy Forum is now the world's leading independant teen forum and has over 180k unique page views per day, brings in $540.74 per day in ad revenue (just under $200k a year) and is valued at just under $400,000. Not bad for a website that started from an idea I had while driving.

Silver Member

BanginGMCArizona

Post Number: 666
^ very impressed.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21997

quote:

Paul and I used to wh0re this place up with BIggs and Logan.

Upload

I miss the big guy.

Upload

Along with many others. **Sigh**

Gold Member
Username: Freezeman_7

FOR SALE, BNIB RD AUDI... USA

Post Number: 2523
Where's my love Paulie?? haha

I get on here and read around, but just dont post much because im out of the game(currently trying to get back in tho).

I miss those members you listed, they made the site. They were so knowledgeable.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21999
Sorry Chase lol.

Like I said about lists........once you start one....

I've dealt with/sold to/bought from/ so many peeps on here that I'd dare to say tops anyone else, mostly at a minimal gain or even at a loss. I did so, so I can accurately identify the true/honest "men" here. I've had my run ins with a few dead beats and they have paid the price by being so. Bottom line is when dealing with me you can expect what you deserve.

And I love the XXX pics in the OT section too lol.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2524
Best product I bought from E.

10 TC Sounds Eclipse. I believe I bought this from Logan, and sold it to you Paul? Am I right on this one?

Silver Member
Username: Bumpndatrunk

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 307
A whats up with rob and dru

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22003
I believe so. Packed with beach towels lol? I eventually sold it back out as well. I also gave away an Eclipse sub that I replaced a surround on for a raffle Mike Louden was sponsoring. I love good causes.

I've had bad experiences also. Won't get into that now but I WILL point out a shady member if I see one.

Gold Member

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 1763
^^I won 2nd place in that raffle. Raptor wire kit. Still haven't used it.

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTION, La. Lake Charles...

Post Number: 4281
There is a few names (not mentioed above- and likely for a good reason) that were longtime members and were shitt starters and smartazzes to just about everyone. I won't mention the names of the ones who I am refering too, but there is a bright side to losing a select few of the regulars.

As much as I miss Chat, I can say I don't miss AIM in the least. I vote that if a new chat is started, we change to a different provider (ICQ,ect..) ....or maybe an online activity that we could make private whether the activity is used or not. (poker, POGO, ect.)

----------A few opinionated lists----------
(no particular order)

Post authors who I almost always enjoy reading for one reason or another (any subject)-
Paul... (AKA Admin-lol)
Polo
Mark with a C

Ecoustic changes for the worse-
no more anonamous posts
GIANT FU<KING ADS- that pop up when you move cursor in the wrong spot.
page layout

Ecoustuics biggest loss (Former regular)
Glasswolf

top Ecoustic Pet Peeves
-newbs who ask for advice, then do exact opposite
-fu<kers who never attempt to use any proper grammer/punctuation
-Newbs who it is obvious they have zero Basic Car Audio or electrical knowledge, then attempt to answer a technical or decent posts.
-Regulars who are almost always pri<ks for no apparent reason.
-liars/ scammers/ fake people/drama queens-shitt starters/ negitave attitude, ect

Best thread titles (author)
Canaan

Favorite Ecoustics events-
Raffles
Secret Santa

well tired of thinkin' of chit!! Later

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 152.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 15926
used to go on AIM few yrs ago with a bunch of u & it used to be fun for a while but then when there's too many ppl typing at the same time it becomes too much jumble to read & after a while its like same ol

was some good times though ....

Gold Member

Post Number: 2525
Yup Paul, beach towels work pretty well! haha.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22006
I hate chat because everyone used AIM. The chit would freeze my PC EVERY time. That and when chat was hot it was waaaaaay too hard to type and follow the MEGA multiple convos going on lol. I'd go to respond to a post and before I could it was off the screen.

Ding............... ding...... ding... ding.. ding, dingdingdingdingding!

That and most everyone had a different screen name than Ecoustics so I had no clue who anyone was.

Sh1t gave me a headache.

Also some of the front runners of chat are on the West coast. I'm on the East coast. When your chit is bumpin' at 11pm I'm in bed. The rest are late nighters who are online at 4am anyway.

I'm an old man lol. That doesn't fly with me.

Not to mention I'm on the road right now. In Albany NY visiting my sis and building a bar. Next I'll be in GA with my brother on a different project. Back up in Philly finishing a basement after that.

Chat on a laptop on a wireless network sucks! At least compared to you young fools and broadband it does.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2527
Chat did have its fun moments though.
We had some good times.

I read this forum now and different people are answering questions and its almost weird not see the names of the people i regcognize on the right.. haha.

nonethelss, new people must learn i suppose...

Gold Member

Phnom PenhCambodia

Post Number: 4813
^ x2

It was fun when everyone in chat would attack a certain thread.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22008
Yeah but for me, since I didn't know who was who I didn't know who to rag on afraid they were already in the room lol!!!!

Seriously, I only rag on those who did me wrong anyway.

And I totally agree with Mark B with the list of members you'd like abolished simply for personal reasons but................

as Admin you have to remain unbiased right?

Gold Member

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 4280
When I think of eChat I pretty much only think of it being Brad, Julian, Me, Berny, Twiz(not anymroe though), Snow, and Yanks aka the chat ruiner. We're the eChat regs and the rest of you are more like guests cause you only come in once in a while lol

Fix your computer Paul lol. Shouldn't have problems running aim...

Gold Member

Phnom PenhCambodia

Post Number: 4814
Chat stayed alive when I use to work 6pm to 6am. But now that I go in at 11pm. By the time I get to work everyone is already off. Plus the fact that I can't install aim on my work computer. I remember when we use to talk about when the day would come when eChat died. Well it came alright LOL.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22011
My puter is fine. I just don't like a program running my puter as apposed to my puter running a program. Do you realize what AIM does to your PC?

You all know me. I HATE AIM. It is the devil and always will be.

Gold Member

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 4282

quote:

Do you realize what AIM does to your PC?

Yeah. Nothing lol.

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTION, La. Lake Charles...

Post Number: 4283
Steve..... you officially suck.. guest (rolls eyes).

lol

One of the funniest times I could remember was when we were all on "there" and every time one of yall would start mackin', i'de come up and Fap fap her to death.. Never got old....for me... Of course I was higher than Giraffe p_ussy at the time. lol

Gold Member

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 4283
lol well I didn't know how to explain it.... =\

SL was more fun.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22013
Any offspring of AOL can suck on my chestnuts.

Need sauce with that?

Gold Member
Username: •cam•

BC Canada

Post Number: 2589
I miss JOHN WHEELER!!!!!!

Platinum Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Northern VA

Post Number: 11801
I haven't had any problems with anyone on this site for the most part but at the risk of sounding lame, there are a handful of people on here who have helped me with stuff beyond car audio and to those people, I am much appreciative.

Wtf Steve? I'm no chat ruiner. I bring the chat nikka. Except for this past week. I blew it then lol. I was dealing with some stuff at the time and left AIM open.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2529
Wow, Yanks i didnt know you went Platinum.. i joined 1 month earlier than you.. i totally dropped the ball for awhile tho..

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5583
Yanks Fan

Barry Bonds

Home Runs: 762*

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 3421
Beat the sh*t out of Barry.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4215

quote:

Yanks Fan

Barry Bonds

Home Runs: 762*

hahahhaha

Gold Member
Username: Basssquared

Kansas

Post Number: 2629
i miss Ctmike he was the biggest bitttch ever we got into so many countless arguments over nothing :-( miss raggin on that dude lol oh and do you guys remember Dru the jew hahaha or how about Big Harv i had an intense epic battle with him i remember i even made a video ahhhh good times i miss serving up a good ol serving of PWNED
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us