I need to amp up my 6x9's help

Username: Alpinemanuk

Nottingham, Uk England

Post Number: 1
hey ppl help!!! i am running a alpine cda9812rb head unit with alpine 200 w 17 cm front speakers and infinity 300 w 6x9s these are currently both running off my stereo which only powers 240 watt:-(
so i got a splx 300 w amp to amp up my 6x9s assuming i would just be able to dissconnect them from the stereo wire the amp up to the stereo and then the 6x9s to the amp... (follow me) however when i tried this it did nothing.... so i tried wiring them up to the stereo n then spliting em n putting em on the ap aswell and it still didnt work!!! all the lights are on on the amp its earthed fine do u think it cud be the ac leads that are shagged or am i doin sumthing wrong plz plz help me sumone!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Mattl

Bolingbrook, Illinois USA

Post Number: 57
Are you using line inputs (speaker wire) or the RCA cables from the head to the amp? That 60Wx4 is such bull, they should be fined for even putting that on a box.

240W peak = 60W RMS = 80W clean
means 20Wx4 clean power.

Anyway, get a multi-tester (about $10 USD) and check for DC power on the amp, then AC power on the inputs & outputs. You probably have a short somewhere.

-Matt
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us