Wireing two amps

Username: Yogi

Post Number: 3
I wanted to hook up two amps to one reciver. I have no clue how. I already have one amp hook up. i just don't konw how to hook up the second one.
Please help

Silver Member
Username: Rswan

Post Number: 138
if your hu has two pre-outs then just hook up the other amp in the same manner. if not then you can plit your audio signal using a y-adapter(you will need two of them). buy a power distribution block to split the power coming from you battery, and then hook up your remote wire from your secondamp to the remote input on the first amp, then simply ground your second amp.

Username: Yogi

Post Number: 6
So the first amp does not need a ground wire. Where would i get all this wirein things from. Do you really need a distribution blocker.do both amps need a power cable.I have a dual xd6100 receiver. what do you think i should do.
XD6100
AM/ FM/ CD/ Receiver w/ Fixed Face
FEATURES
180W Peak (45 x 4)
CD-R Compatible
Shuffle/ Repeat/ Scan/ Pause
Anti-Shock Mechanism
1.0 DIN, ISO/ DIN Mountable
Fixed Face
Electronic Volume, Bass, Treble, Balance & Fader
1-Pair of Preamp Outputs
1-Pair of Auxiliary Inputs (RCA)
Liquid Crystal Display
Infrared Remote Control
3 Selectable EQ Curves

Silver Member
Username: Rswan

Post Number: 142
hook up the first amp like you would normally do.(run power from battery to amp, run remote and rca's from hu to amp, and ground the amp.) o.k. now instead of hooking up your ampo with the power wire you will need to run the power wire to the distibuter block, and yes you need one. then run power to each amp from the block. hook-up your remote wire to the first amp and loop it to the second amp. you can split your rca signal using a y-adapter. run rca's to each amp, or you can just run the rca's to one amp input and then run another pair from the output on the first amp to the input on the second amp. finally ground both amps and you should be ready to hook up the speaker wires.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us